Domain Hosting Control Panel

My business domain www.grovetavern.co.uk was initially created on Heart Internet, who also hosted the business email addresses. Whilst Heart still host the domain, sometime ago I switched the email address hosting to Microsoft and amended the MX records accordingly. I now want to change some of these email addresses but cannot remember how to do it. I seem to remember logging on to some control panel that allowed me access to all the email addresses for this domain but not via any paid Microsoft subscription. Can anyone point me in the direction of where this might be?

Hello Steve C Baxter,

According to your description, it seems that your organization doesn't have any Microsoft 365 tenant and the email addresses are not created in Microsoft 365. Given this situation, you may need to go to the control panel where you created the email address to change the email addresses. Based on my knowledge, we can change the email addresses in Microsoft 365 admin center or Azure AD only if we have a tenant. For your reference: Change a user name and email address.

Since you don't have any Microsoft 365 subscription and your domain haven't ever verified in Microsoft 365 admin center, there is no such admin portal in Microsoft for you to meet your requirement. Therefore, please kindly go to the admin portal where the email addresses were created to do that.

Hope this makes sense. If you have any other problems, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Seven

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Steve C Baxter,

If you have any confusion, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Seven

-----------------------

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Seven,

Thanks for your reply & subsequent follow up.

No confusion and pretty much as I thought. As you quite rightly point out, I have never had a paid for subscription to any Microsoft email service, so unable to avail myself of any of these portals.

It was more just that, at the time (long ago!) I seem to remember having problems setting up my Windows Phone to correctly handle emails hosted with my domain by Heart Internet and so decided to move them across to Microsoft hosting. I just have some recollection of some control panel allowing me to do this ... possibly something along the lines of aliases? Just cannot remember any more & wondered whether there was anyone else out there that this might ring a bell with! It's more of an annoyance that I can't remember something I used to be able to do!

I'm guessing now then that each of the emails I set up at the time must now be being treated as just individual Microsoft/Live accounts.

Also, just wondering what would be involved should I want to revert the hosting so as to be able to manage the emails together again.

As an aside, none of this has been helped either by Microsoft suspending the primary Hotmail account I used when doing all this due to supposed misuse. Have fully disputed this & even reported to European Commission but so far unable to get suspension lifted or even any further info showing any details of suspected misuse. Anyone else had any experience with this?

Thanks again.

Steve

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

Since you don't have any business subscriptions, it is not possible that you sign into any Microsoft 365 admin portal. There is a chance that you modify the MX records in the control panel where you bought the domain. 

If you want to revert the hosting, you may still need to go to your provider's DNS Manager page to do that.

If you have any problems, we suggested that you post your problem in your host's forum (Heart Internet) so that you can get more assistance.

Best Regards,

Seven

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 103 Applies to: