Document Properties Panel - Word 2016 - Edit Mode - Office 365

Good day,

While opening a word in Edit Mode from SharePoint Office 365, I tried to open the document properties panel (File > Info).

All Properties are listed even Metadata from lookup Column.

I used to, with Office 2013, when clicking to this kind of Metadata, to have a properties panel popup into the top of an excel tab or on the top of the word document (just below the ribbon).

Since I'm using Office 2016, I recently noticed that this popup is directly available into the File Info and that not all Metadata are displayed (Screenshot, Red Circle 2). Metadata from lookup column are not listed and it is impossible to fill this information directly in the document in Edit Mode. (I'm forced here to Edit metadata via SharePoint using Edit Doc or via Quick Edit).

Is there any way to display the old panel document properties layout from Office 2013 ? Or a way to fill LookUp Metadata ?

I've this situation using either word, excel or PowerPoint 2016.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2019 Views 3,926 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi Nicolas,

Yes, as you noticed, we have changed the interface of the document properties in Office 2016. This modification is especially obvious in some document library properties, such as lookups.  It’s not feasible to changed it back to how it looks like in Office 2013. For detailed information: The Document Information Panel (DIP) is deprecated in Office 2016 applications.

In this case, I’d like to invite you submit this idea at our UserVoice. We are hearing our customers’ feedback there. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

A customer has already posted a similar feedback there, you may consider voting his feedback or start your own. Here is the link: https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/9748581-missing-document-panel-in-word-2016.

Regards,
Fraser

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.