Desktop Office 365 applications wont stay logged in

Hi, 

We have Office 365 and it isn't "signed in" when you open it. .. 

Eg Open up Word .. installed on PC i have to manually sign in each time. 

This becomes frustrating when open up docs to edit from Sharepoint and having to put in username and password before we can edit them. 

Is there a way to ensure that each time an office application is loaded it is already signed in with a default user .. i understand that multiple people can sign in to use their 365 profile on any computer with 365 installed .. but I am the only one that uses Office on my computer and I dont want to have to sign in each time I open and close Word for example. 

|
Answer
Answer

hi nick,

if you are using office 2013 then you can check the box ‘keep me signed in’ when you enter your login credentials (as shown in the screen shot below).

in this way it will remember the login credentials and it won’t ask you for the credentials again.

if it is office 2016 then could you please check which version of 2016 you are using? we would suggest you update office to the latest version if it's not.

to check the version, open any office application e.g. word, then go to file>account, under ‘manage account’ we can see the version information.

to update to the latest version, please follow the steps below:

1. open any office 2016 application, such as word 2016 or excel 2016, and create a new document.
  2. choose file> account.
  3. under product information, choose update options.
  4. click ‘update now’.

additionally, please try the steps below –

1. sign out from all the office accounts
  2. clear windows credentials.to do this, go to control panel > user accounts > credential manager > windows credentials > under generic credentials, remove all your office 365 credentials, which should look like, microsoftoffice16_data:xxxxxxxxxx
  3. sign into word using the account which he uses to sign into sharepoint site

once the office applications are updated, you can check if they remember your login credentials.

let us know if the steps above work for you. please let us know the office version from your side if the issue remains. 

thanks,
neha

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2021 Views 13,163 Applies to: