Designing Form - Labels won't move separately from data fields in Access 2013

Please bring back Access 2003's layouts and procedures. Access 2013 stinks.

Right, now that I've vented my spleen, I need some help designing a form in Access 2013. For some reason known only to the dip programmers and G--, I cannot move field labels separately from the related data fields when in design view. I do not have Stacked (under Arrange) selected. In fact, all of those options are grayed out.

The first set of fields I added worked just as the did in 2003 / 2007. The next set of fields stick together like army ants on the attack.

Suggestions?

You have to select the handle in the upper left corner of the object to move it separately. When you place a control with a label on a form, the 2 objects are paired. However if you select the object, you will see a square handle in the upper left of each  object. You cna "grab" the handle to move them separately. 

By the way, that behavior has existed since at least Office 97.

Hope this helps,
Scott<>
Blog: http://scottgem.wordpress.com
Microsoft Access MVP since 2007

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I know, but the squares wouldn't work as advertised. All that appeared was a box with a four headed arrow in it. Frankly, the user interface in 2013 sux for air compared to 2007.
Computers were easier when I could control everything without registry hacks, buried commands, etc.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hum, that seems strange.

In the case without “any” layout being used, the stacked, tabular options etc. should at least be “enabled” even if you not going to use such options.

So say a form with just a label + field, if I click on the label, then the ribbon should look like this:

Note while I don’t have (or need) the option to remove the layout, the stacked and tabular options should at least be “enabled” if we wanted to apply a layout. (in above, we see at least the options "enabled" on the ribbon).

For some “reason” your ribbon shot shows none of the layout options even being enabled. (they should be enabled even if we don’t’ want to use them).

I think some “additional” issue is missing here. You should be able to ease to move the label.

Post a screen shot that includes the above ribbon + the form in question.

As noted, if you not using some layout, then how this works should be the same as say Access 97, 2003, or 2013.

Regards,
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 2,891 Applies to: