Deploy "Open supported hyperlinks to office files in office desktop apps" via Intune/Endpoint manager

Hello community,

is there a possibility to centrally deploy the office setting "Open supported hyperlinks to office files in office desktop apps" via Intune/Endpoint manager? I found a registry key for this, but it didn’t change anything in the office settings.

Thanks for your help

Lucca

Answer
Answer

Hi L.u.c.c4,

Thank you for querying in this forum.

From your description, it seems that you want to find a way to use Intune or Endpoint to deploy Office settings for whole organization.

If my understanding is right, according to our search, IT admins can't control this feature centrally, each individual user can set the preference for themselves. As shown below:

For your reference: Open file links directly in Office desktop apps (microsoft.com)

We’re sorry that it doesn’t meet your requirement, we do understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it.

To address your concern, we’d suggest you go to Word > File > Feedback to provide your feedback. This is the best platform to let us hear from you and make our products and services better for you and others.

At the same time, we noticed that you want to use Intune or Endpoint, since our category focus on general issue or usage of Office applications, if you still want to know if you can use Intune or Endpoint to deploy it, we’d suggest you go to Microsoft Q & A forum to post a new thread to confirm it, which is specific channel to handle such situation.

If the scenario above is not consistent with yours, you can also post back and point that.

Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated. I hope that you are keeping safe and well!

Best Regards,

Sukie

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
• Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2024 Views 662 Applies to: