Delivery Receipts not working in Outlook 2013

In all previous versions of Office Outlook, delivery receipts worked all the time when checked.  Since upgrading to Outlook 2013, I'm not receiving any delivery receipts. I’m aware that some mail servers do not respond, but I’m emailing recipients where their mail servers have always responded.

In particular, I sent an email (with delivery and read receipts requested) to a specific recipient on Wednesday (10 June 2015) morning. Within 10 minutes I received both delivery and read receipts. A short time later, my Office version was upgraded to 2013 and, once completed (a couple of hours later), I replied to the same recipient and again requested delivery and read receipts. I only received a read receipt and, to date, I’m still not receiving any delivery receipts from this and other recipients. However, I am receiving read receipts as normal.

For your info, I’m using a POP email account.

If it worked in the previous version, there is very clearly an issue that is associated with Office or Outlook that needs to be resolved.

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me assist you with Outlook issue.

Let’s create a new Outlook profile using the following link configure the email account in Outlook and check if the issue gets resolved.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Raju

Many thanks for your reply - apologies for late response, been out of the office till now..

I have created a new profile using the link you provided and configured it in Outlook - the Delivery Receipt is still not being received, but the Read Receipt has returned. There is therefore no change at all.

Hope you have other suggestions?

Thanks and regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Create and send a mail to yourself with Read & Delivery receipts checked.........does it then function as expected?

if not start OL using the safe switch (Hold the Ctrl Key when starting OL) then repeat the process

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for both suggestions - still not working. Read receipts still okay, but no delivery receipts received.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On the off chance, with outlook closed run the inbox repair tool scanpst against your data file, if it finds/fixes an error, run it again/again until it finds no more to fix

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/usingscanpst.htm

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Will try that later and reply with result asap. Had already run scanpst right at the beginning as I thought the datafile may have been corrupted, but there were no errors to fix back then. Will rerun and come back to you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Will try that later and reply with result asap. Had already run scanpst right at the beginning as I thought the datafile may have been corrupted, but there were no errors to fix back then. Will rerun and come back to you.

Hi

I have recently installed Office 2016 and have the exact same problem as the complainant 'DeeLady'.

There is a problem with the MS software and a patch solution should be developed to remedy this problem.

A little research should help advise how widespread this problem is.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2023 Views 1,269 Applies to: