Cursor not moving when spacebar is pressed, text is split

I really need help urgently. 

I don't understand what happened exactly, but all of a sudden, the cursor in word on my mac stopped moving when I pressed space-bar, as normal, and I can't get it back to the way it was before. The document is reasonably large but this has never happened before. 

In addition to this, a blank space has appeared between my paragraphs which I can't eliminate, whilst in another place, the line has been cut off and continued below it. 

Please help, I'm desperate to finish this and when it comes to technology, I confess, I'm absolutely hopeless. 

Thank you, I really appreciate it. 

(Sorry about the redaction, I'm just not willing to share my work at this point and it's something I'm very protective of)

Answer
Answer

Hi Lauren,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused by it.

Based on your description, we can understand there are two queries:

a. Where you get the space between your text and can’t be removed.

b. When you click on the space bar, the cursor in Word document stopped moving (means you can’t edit the document)

For the first query, we guess you had inserted the Continuous Section Breaks in your Word document. So, can you click on the Paragraph marks present in the Home tab to check whether there are Continuous Section breaks inserted in the Word document? If they are, please click on them and delete to get rid of the space.

For your second query, can you please open the Mac in safe mode and open the Word document to check the behavior?

Third party link disclaimer:

Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the download you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to the download or the downloaded technology. If you need support relating to the third-party technology, please contact the author directly.

If still problem persists, we would like you provide the following information for moving further:

a. Your Word version. (Open Word application> Click on Word in Menu bar> About Word)

b. Does the problem happens to specific document or all documents?

c. Can you please share us the problematic Word document by uploading it to OneDrive and sharing us the link to access it. It helps us to test at our end.

Note: As you mentioned, you had personal information in document, you can share us the link in private message to protect your privacy.

Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Chitrahaas

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 27, 2024 Views 8,999 Applies to: