Creating Folders and setting user permissions for OneDrive in bulk.

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to create and set access permissions for folders in OneDrive via CSV or other file types? Say I want to make a folder for each of my clients and set access to their email. Let's say I have 1000 customers, manually doing that would be a nightmare.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Per your description, there is no out of box way to achieve your requirement in OneDrive for Business, and please notice that OneDrive is not recommended for collaboration for your requirement of setting bulk permissions. However, to better narrow this, I have searched a lot and find that OneDrive is a specific site of SharePoint, so you can achieve this by using the custom script in PowerShell. Thus, we would like to suggest you posting your related concern in TechNet forum to get the detailed information from the members in that community. It will benefit other users to solve this issue and also let the product team aware it.

Thanks for your patience, and hope everything goes well.

Best regards,

Gloria

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2023 Views 575 Applies to: