Create a rule in Microsoft List to send email to shared Outlook Mailbox

I need to set up a Microsoft List rule within a SharePoint group site to a Shared Outlook Mailbox. 

When I change something on the list it only will send an email to individual email users and not Shared Mailboxes

Please advise how I can set this up.

|

Hi Devin,

Thanks for posting in the community. We are happy to help you.

I assume you have successfully added the shared mailbox as a recipient in the list rule, but you don't see any relevant list notification in this shared mailbox.

If not, please point it out and provide more details.

If so, I suggest you check the following points to troubleshoot the situation.

1. I suggest you open the shared mailbox in Outlook for Web and check if you can see the relevant emails.

Go to www.office.com, sign into your account, click the Outlook icon in the left sidebar, click on the Avatar icon in the right upper corner, Open another mailbox, enter its email address, and click Open.

2. Please make sure this shared mailbox has at least Read permission to the list. Here is a thread where members discussed a similar issue. You can view a-Marina Krynina's reply.

If not, you can add this shared mailbox to the Site Visitor group. Also, just in case this list has unique permissions, I suggest you check the list permission via Settings> List settings> Permissions for this list> Check Permissions.

After that, please act to trigger the rule and then check again.

If you have checked the above points, but still don’t see any relevant emails, I would like to gather more information to troubleshoot.

1. I suggest you send an email to this shared mailbox and then check if you can see your email. If you don't see your email, please contact your Exchange admin to check its settings in the Exchange admin center. For example, if your admin has set "Email forwarding" in this shared mailbox settings but untick the option "Deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox", you won't see the email in the shared mailbox.

2. Since the list rule email is sent automatically by the user who edited the list, make sure that this user has a subscription to use the Exchange service.

We look forward to your response. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

George | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am experiencing the same issue. The Rule in the List worked fine up until a short time ago and then stopped. My List has multiple rules; rules that email 'Created By' succeed while rules that email the Shared Inbox fail.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Charl,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I would like to know if you have checked all the points in my first reply. If yes, please share the results with us. This can help us narrow down the issue.

Sincerely,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks George, for signposting the post by a-Marina Krynina's in point 2 of your original reply to Devin.

I granted 'Read' permissions at the SharePoint Site level to the Shared Mailbox (see image below) and notification emails are now being received to that Shared Inbox. 👍

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Charl,

Thanks for posting back.

I'm glad to know you have resolved the problem. If you encounter any issues while using Microsoft products, please feel free to post in our community and we are glad to help.

Sincerely,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Devin,

I'm writing this reply to follow up on this thread, may I know if you have checked my first reply?

• If the above points don't help, please post back and share the results with us. We will keep on assisting you.

• If my last reply is helpful, please sign into your account first, and then send feedback on it. This will help other members who have the same concern.

Sincerely,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 59 Applies to: