in sharepoint online, you can use the feature save site as template to copy your site collection. please follow the steps below to achieve the goal:
1. go to sharepoint admin center> settings. turn on custom script as the following shows.
note: it takes about 24 hours for the change to take effect.
2. sign in to office 365 portal, go to the site you want to save.
3. click gear > site settings.
4. click save site as template under the site actions section.
5. for save the entire site, you need to select the checkbox include content.
please note that when you select include content, the storage of the file inside the template should no more than 50mb. if you need to archive more, i suggest you download these files to your local computer.
to download the site template, you can follow the steps below:
1. after you have saved this site as template, you can find the template when you click
solutions under the web designer galleries section in
site settings page.
2. click the template name to download it, it will be saved as a “.wsp” file.
to creating a site from a template, here are the detailed steps:
1. go to sharepoint admin center, click new > private site collection and select
custom as following shows:
2. after the site collection created successfully, access this site and click
3. upload the “.wsp” file you saved it in solutions and activate the template, and then the template will display in the list.
4. go back to the site collection, select the custom template and click
It’s not feasible to directly copy a larger than 100 GB site collection in SharePoint Online. The 50 MB limitation for the template cannot be changed.
However, if there are not too many libraries, you can save the site as template and do not select the include content box. After creating a new site collection from the template, you may manually move the files from the previous one to the new one with the
open with explorer feature.
Note: It may take you some time to finish moving lots of documents.
Thanks for your understanding.
Other community members are also welcome to share your ideas about this question here.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.