Color code mails (hours not days)

Hi,

We would like to color code mails older than 3 hours in our service desk mailbox as we have a 4 hours SLA agreement with our customers.

I know color coding can be done using conditional formatting, but it seems that I can only filter on days and not on hours. I also don't see any examples online using a different parameter then 'days'.

I'd like to confirm that using conditional formatting and using hours is not possible in Outlook.

If this is not possible, is there any other way to achieve this ?

Thanks,

Mario

Hello Mario,

Welcome to our forum. From your description, I could understand that: you‘d like to color coding emails by date and time via Conditional Formatting feature in Outlook, but when setting up a view there, the date and time related settings in conditions only allow being set by day instead of by hour. If there’s any misunderstood, please do not hesitate to correct me.

My thought is that it isn't possible. I tested this feature on my side, including the Time setting in “Messages” tab as well as field criteria in “Advanced” tab. These related settings can allow filtering on days but not allow filtering on hours. I’m really sorry as I totally understand this feature is important to you for business work, but I haven’t find any efficient way to work around this behavior and better meet your requirements.  

For this feature, I sincerely recommend you posting a feedback at Outlook UserVoice, where you can share your idea for the product. We highly value customer’s suggestions to make the product better, and will be greatly appreciate your time and efforts. Once you posted a feedback, welcome back and share link with us, so other members in this forum can view it and vote for it. For any member viewing this thread, you're welcomed to share any information with us.

Best Regards,

Anna

--------* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Anna for your swift response...

I'm wondering whether this can be established with thirdparty software or add-ins. If you may know of any, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Mario

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Mario,

Thank you for your kind reply. I’m sorry as I’m not very familiar with third-party add-ins and haven’t found one to meet the requirement.

At the meantime, if any members viewing this thread have any idea, welcome and share with us, your time and efforts will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Anna

--------* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Anna,

I appreciate the effort !

Cheers,

Mario

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2024 Views 141 Applies to: