Changing Outlook 365 from Exchange to POP

I recently had a Microsoft Tech help me reset my Office 365 Account when it failed to open and when he set it back up, he set it up as a Microsoft Exchange account.  I didn't realize it at the time, now I can't change it and Outlook is useless to me.  I can't seem to change it back, when I do, it tells me the email address is already in use.  I have to go online to my email provider to collect my email and it is a real pain.  I tried uninstalling and deleting all remnants of Office 365 but that didn't work.  I must be missing something.  Please help!

Thanks...Brandy

Answer
Answer

Hi Brandy,

If you want to add your account as a POP account, you need to remove your account from Outlook desktop client firstly. When you try to add your account, click Advanced option and tick Let me set up my account manually.

Then you can enter your emails address, click Connect, and choose POP.

At last, you can enter your POP account settings and add your account as a POP account. Please let us know if you encounter any issue. 

Regards,

Carlos

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2020 Views 799 Applies to: