Changing default font size for email addresses typed in Excel

Is there a way to change the default font size when an email address is typed into an Excel cell?

Call me lazy but it drives me crazy to have to go back and change the font to match the rest of my workbook.

Answer
Answer

Hi Cathy,

For an individual workbook you can change the style for a hyperlink. To do so, go to the Home tab, Styles group. Locate the hyperlink style in the gallery (you may need to click on the arrows to scroll through the list of styles.) Once you find the hyperlink style, right-click it and choose Modify.  Make your changes and click OK to close the dialog. Any hyperlinks in the workbook should update to the new style.

Unfortuntely, Excel does not have the concept of global styles link Microsoft Word does.  The style you just modified is only valid for that particular workbook.

One approach to making this easier is to record a macro of yourself modifying the style. If you assign a keyboard shortcut to the macro you will be able to quickly run the macro whenever you need it.

If you modify the style in a workbook and save the workbook as a template, all new workbooks based upon that template will have the new hyperlink style.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Mike

62 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2024 Views 8,176 Applies to: