change contact initials color outlook 2016

I've googled and googled.

I need to know, how are the colors decided when you add a contact?  When you are in outlook form ac and add a contact and you get a default circle with their initials in it. it's in a certain color.  How do you choose that color?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

outlook 2016 for mac

Hi Rowjelio,

I understand that you want to know a way so that we can modify the color in the circles of the newly created contacts.

Currently the colors are assigned randomly to the contacts when creating them, and we don’t have a way to modify it. Given the information, we suggest you submit feedback to our Outlook for Mac team via: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac, your understanding is appreciated.

Thanks,

Neo Yu

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I also would like to change the colors of the initial circles.  There must be some way to change them so there is some semblance of order.  Totally random is not acceptable for users to have an organized inbox.  I can see a purpose to having all contacts from one company one color, while friends are another color.  I'd really rather they all be the same color or non-existant, though. I am not using a mac, so what options are there for changing colors of Outlook contacts in People for pc and app users?

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Modonnelz,

I’d like to confirm whether “Outlook contacts in People for PC and app users” is referred to Outlook Web App (OWA) or the Windows Outlook client.

If you are referring to OWA, like Neo Yu’s saying, it is not feasible to change the color of the initial circle. If you have any further concern, we suggest you submit feedback to our related team. Many products’ features or services have been designed/upgraded based on customers’ constructive ideas. We appreciate your understanding.

If you are talking about the Windows Outlook client, would you please upload a screenshot about the contacts with different colors of initial circle under People in your Outlook?

Regards,
Alan

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have left feed back, thank you.   Upon further investigatIon, have discovered that the color of the "initial" circle is based on an algorithm, not completely random.  So changing the person's name (adding a prefix, middle initial, etc) changes the color of the circle. It would be more helpful to allow the user to choose the color (or no color) in future releases, as this would be a useful way to organize contacts.  Just having "colors" may be pretty to some, but makes the inbox very disorganized for others.  If anyone knows a way to label a person in their contacts (perhaps a certain character or symbol) that creates a specific color, please let me know.  Thanks.

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had this same problem, but what has really annoyed me is that one person, who I email regularly every day, was initially assigned a green circle for the last year.

For some reason in the last 24hours, my circle colour (which was always black), and their circle colour (green), has changed to an IDENTICAL navy blue. Visually, this is extremely irksome - and makes it difficult at times to tell the emails apart! I can't find any assistance on how to change it.

Given outlook changed the colours for whatever mysterious reason, surely the colours can be changed back, or just changed in general. 

I hope this is resolved soon, because whilst I can accept there may not be a feature to choose colours, I am absolutely furious about the change without notification or explanation. At first glance it now looks like I am writing an email chain with myself. 

Please let me know if I've failed a basic IQ test, or fix the problem. 

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 5, 2024 Views 27,452 Applies to: