CDO.DLL

Hi All

I have a access database which was running on Windows XP for many years. Now I need to run the database on Windows 7 as XP won't be supported by April next year.

The database  run automatically and has VB code behind by an extra program. when I run the database manually or automatically I get this error. I hope the pic is clear.

So I deleted the reference and I dont get the error any more (CDO.DLL is not supported by Office 2010). Do you know what can I use instead of CDO.DLL and is it really necessary to use it?

Thank you.

Answer
Answer

Hello Ghasem

if you removed the reference and your application compiles without errors, you don't need CDO!

CDO means "Collaboration Data Objects". You need it e.g. for sending sending or receiving e-mails directly from or to your database-application without using Outlook.

cdosys.dll works fine for Access 2010 and 2013 either in the Office-32-Bit-Version (%windir%\System32\cdosys.dll) or in the Office-64-Bit-version (%windir%\SysWoW64\cdosys.dll).

In the reference list it reads "Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 Library" - which might be irritating, but it will work with W7. I didn't test it on W8.

Yours

mez

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 595 Applies to: