Can't sign into OneNote

I installed OneNote 2016 after re-installing Windows 7 x64 on my PC. I was previously using OneNote 2013 on the same OS without any issues. After installing OneNote 2016 on my freshly installed and updated Microsoft Windows 7 x64 PC I am unable to sign in or open any of my existing OneNote notebooks.

I can open OneNote 2016 and it says I am not signed in. When I open OneNote it defaults to a local notebook but doesn't show that I am signed in. I can click on any of the Sign in buttons under "Open from OneDrive" or directly by clicking on "OneDrive" from within the File -> Open menu. When I proceed to enter my credentials and press enter, nothing happens and i'm returned to the same File -> Open screen with a "Sign in" button as if I was not signed in. I have verified my credentials by changing my password and signing in again from the website. I have also successfully signed into OneDrive by installing the OneDrive utility separate than Office 2016 and it functions fine. The Office 2016 product does not recognize that I have successfully signed into OneDrive separately. 

I have deleted all stored credentials and tried again.

I have un-installed and re-install without success. I have even re-formatted twice and installed once before updating and once after updating Windows.

This is not the free version, this is the Microsoft HUP version of Office 2016.

Has anyone else had any luck with this issue?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I would like to know if you are able to sign into other Office applications.

Open Word, click File----Account, and try signing into Word and check.

Do come back with the required information and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Harsha,

Thank you for responding.

I am seeing the same behavior when I try to sign in from Word also.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Let us log in to the Microsoft account www.office.com/myaccount with the user name and password and check if you are able to sign into the account.

If you are having issues in signing into the MSA, try resetting the password and try.

Hope this information helps you. Please let us know if you need additional information.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for responding.

I am able to sign in to the page however i'm presented with a message saying there are no Office products associated with my account. I entered my product key and i'm still being presented with a message about not having any Office products associated.

I have been using the free version of OneNote with this same account for several months. I have many documents that I keep on my OneDrive and share among others.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Even we were facing the same issue and tried searching for a solution everywhere on blogs, microsoft community but no solution. Finally tried below fix and one note is working fine now on my windows 7:

1. We had Internet explorer version 8(by default)

2. Just updated the Internet Explorer to Version 9 (though we guess even higher version like 10 and 11 should have same effect)

3. Tried signing IN from onenote app...It worked !

Hope it helps others as well !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the exact same problem. 

After updating windows fully in windows update, the next time I tried to sign in it was successfull with no sign of the previous problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 4,955 Applies to: