Can't delete rows in Microsoft Word

Hi guys :)

So the image above shows my current Word Document. While I was afk, I had one of my books leaning up against my keyboard, and as a result I have three pages full of these annoying rows! I can't delete or backspace them, though I can write on them, I can also hide them by clicking on the 'borders' button and removing them. However I can not for the life of me delete them so that my pages are back to normal.

I'd rather not try to copy and paste the work I have done into another document, as all the pages are numbered and watermarked by the course. I'd just like to know if there's a way I can delete the rows and bring my pages back together again!

Answer
Answer

Based on the fact that the context sensitive Table Tools>Design tab and the Table Tools>Layout tab are active, I would say that what has happened is that a whole lot of rows have been added to the table.

To remove them, select them and then go to the Table Tools>Layout tab and expand the Delete dropdown and the click on Delete Rows.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 20,691 Applies to: