cannot login OneNote through iPad Apps

Split from this thread.

We(teachers and students of our school) still cannot login OneNote through iPad Apps even I reset the OneNote app. But I can login OneNote through webpage or MacOS apps. 

Hi Future School IT,

To better address this behavior, could you provide the following information for us?

1.Your OS version and OneNote version. (Settings>General>About; Settings>General>iPad Storage)

2.Capture a screenshot of the error message or notification if your encountered.

3.Does this behavior occur with other Office apps like Excel or Word in ipad?

4.Have you successfully logged in OneNote before? Please try another network environment to sign in and check the result.

Regards,

Zixuan

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

See below

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 5, 2017, at 9:43 PM, Microsoft Community <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> wrote:

Microsoft Community
You have a reply to a question

Hi Steve Farris,

Zixuan Yuan MSFT has replied to the question cannot login OneNote through iPad Appsthat you are following in Microsoft Community.

Hi Future School IT,

To better address this behavior, could you provide the following information for us?

1.Your OS version iOS 11.2 11.1.2 (15B202) and OneNote version. 16.7 (171108). (Settings>General>About; Settings>General>iPad Storage)

2.Capture a screenshot of the error message or notification if your encountered.

Despite following the above-mentioned instructions is still doesn’t open.

3.Does this behavior occur with other Office apps like Excel or Word in ipad?  I only use onenote on my iPad. 

4.Have you successfully logged in OneNote before? Please try another network environment to sign in and check the result.  I can log on online on my Mac but not the app on my Mac

Regards,

Zixuan

Post a reply

Did this resolve the problem? Give feedback

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

Since you post back with a different account from Future School IT, I’d like to confirm whether you are the same person.

If so, we need more information to investigate:

1.Confirm you sign in OneNote with your work/school account.

2.The screenshot of the error message isn’t available, please click the Insert image icon to upload again.

3.Could you install other Office application like Word in your iPad to check whether the issue only occurs with OneNote?

4.You mentioned “But I can login OneNote through webpage or MacOS apps” in your question, but “I can log on online on my Mac but not the app on my Mac” in your reply. I’d like to confirm whether you can sign in OneNote application in Mac.

5.Please change another network environment to see the result.

6.Do you have multi factor authentication (MFA) set to required?

Regards,

Zixuan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1.Confirm you sign in OneNote with your work/school account.  

2.The screenshot of the error message isn’t available, please click the Insert image icon to upload again.

3.Could you install other Office application like Word in your iPad to check whether the issue only occurs with OneNote?  I only have one license for my Mac.  Can i load Word on my ipad without a license?

4.You mentioned “But I can login OneNote through webpage or MacOS apps” in your question, but “I can log on online on my Mac but not the app on my Mac” in your reply. I’d like to confirm whether you can sign in OneNote application in Mac.  I was able to in my later attempt when responding

5.Please change another network environment to see the result.  I have tried two wireless networks.

6.Do you have multi factor authentication (MFA) set to required?  Not sure what that is or where to find it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Different person...and school... 

1.Your OS version and OneNote version. (Settings>General>About; Settings>General>iPad Storage) iOS 11.2 OneNote Latest

3.Does this behavior occur with other Office apps like Excel or Word in ipad? We have not buy the desktop version of Excel or Word.

4.Have you successfully logged in OneNote before? Please try another network environment to sign in and check the result. Yes, and we already tried to logged in different network environment....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Steve,

Considering the root cause maybe not the same, we kindly suggest you post a new thread to better address the issue and let other community member see the information clearly. We will focus on that thread and provide support for you there. 

Regards,

Zixuan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Future School IT,

Thanks for your updating.

Please navigate to Settings>OneNote>Reset OneNote>Enable Delete Login Credentials, and sign in again with your work/school account to see the outcome.

If the issue persists after that, please provide the following information for us to narrow down:

1.Whether the version of OneNote app in your iPad is 16.7? Please navigate to Settings>General>iPad Storage to check the detailed version.

3.Office application in iPad is free to install, please install Word and try if you can sign in it.

4.Since you have logged in OneNote in your iPad previously, did you make any changes like installing or updating some software?

Regards,

Zixuan

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Future School IT,

Have you tried the above suggestions?

Please post back the information we need at your convenience.

Regards,

Zixuan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

These suggestions did not help and i started a new thread as suggested. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 848 Applies to: