cannot login in microsoft office. Blank pop up (Windows 7)

I'm using windows 7, and microsoft 365 Business.

When I try to log in in the microsoft office program, the blank window pop up as in the attachment picture, and not being able to type anything there.

I have internet explorer 8 installed, and I looked for an this kind of issue in the internet and found upgrading internet explorer might work, but I'm having trouble upgrading the internet explorer 8. It looks like there's something wrong with windows update or something.

I installed the microsoft edge if that would help but no. Is there any way like choosing the other inetner browser such as chrome or microsoft edge intead of internet explorer in microsoft office programs?

Hi Inchol Yon

Greetings

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you tried to log in to your Office when your browser is in Inprivate mode? If not please try to do so using your Microsoft edge browser and navigate to the top right and click on the more option (…) and select Inprivate Window.

You may also try to clear your browser's cache.

To answer your question yes you can use either Microsoft edge or Chrome to log into your Office.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Momo

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply

I logged in to my accounts using the microsoft edge browser with both private, and inprivate mode, and still i'm not able to log in..

Now I'm trying to log in using the one drive, but please see an attachments.

After I click "Sign in",

it says I need to Upgrade Your browser, even though I have microsoft edge installed, and opened, being used + logged in already as you can see on the top right corner with my initials.

And this is the error message I get when I click Microsoft Edge with underlined, and it won't proceeds even I click Yes or No.

I'm not able to log-in right now... It looks like it's not recognizing the microsoft edge installed. What should I DO? please help

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Inchol Yon

Thanks for the update and for sharing the screenshots.

Have you tried to login using a different browser such as Chrome so we can know if the issue is browser specific?

Please navigate to the windows button >settings> apps> locate Microsoft Edge browser and select modify, then once its done, try to login.

If the suggestion still doesn't resolve the issue, please try the following steps to manually upgrade your Microsoft Edge browser.

1. Navigate to the top-right corner of the edge browser window  and click the menu button(…)

2. Click on help and feedback > about Microsoft Edge, and edge will check for any new updates and automatically install any updates available.

If you're using the version of Edge included with Windows 10 updates through windows update. Check for updates by heading to your windows settings> update & security > windows update, check for windows updates and install them.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Regards,

Momo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Inchol Yon

I'm following up on this thread, any update?

Thanks,

Momo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2021 Views 74 Applies to: