Cannot log in to office 365 online

OK, I have a new tablet coming, and was planning to use Office 365 online for that.  I have office 365 subscription on the main machine.

So I go to find out how to do this, and get to this page:

well, that's me.  I have a personal office 365 subscription.  So I click the link, and I get to a login page.  Stick in the email address I used for my microsoft account, and for logging in to windows 10 of course, and get

now that identity was good enough to log in with to get to the first page.  So why can't I access office 365 online with it?  I am not trying to access the business version, it was the personal version, and I followed a link for the personal version.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community.

As per the screenshot provided, the second screenshot page is used to login for Office for work account and University. I suggest you to use My account page to login from the given link and check:

https://office.microsoft.com/MyAccount.aspx

And try accessing Office Online from the below link and check for logging in with your same Microsoft account used in My account page and verify the status:

https://www.office.com/?WT.mc_id=O16_BingHP

Hope this information helps. Please post to us if you need any further information with Office.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, i thought it was something like that.

in which case the Micosoft web site is wrong, because I followed a link that clearly says it is for a personal account, as in the first screen shot.

I got to the correct page from the second link you gave.   Thank you.  The first link is how I got to the first screen shot in the first place.

What is the correct way to report this link error to Microsoft?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The same thing just happened with Outlook2016 in Office 365,  The support button takes me to a web page that tells me to download a support tool, which then wants me to log into office 365 work and school, which is the wrong product again.

I have complained  in the feedback hub, and created another thread here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-outlook/support-button-in-outlook-takes-me-to-the-wrong/83ae1157-bfc6-4c3c-b179-57341249ca15

But really it is the same as this one: Even microsoft can't cope with the complexity of thier different licences, and send me to the wrong place with duff advice.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,875 Applies to: