Cannot get Office365 Exchange email to set up and connect on my iPhone 6.

A few weeks ago, I had my school mail set up in my iPhone 6 mail app. It worked fine for over a year, and then I deleted it. Big mistake. Now when I try and use Exchange to add it back, it gives me all kinds of errors, from one that says "Cannot get mail, the connection to the server failed," to another that says "Cannot get mail, logins have been disabled" when I try to set my account us using the "Other" option when setting up my Outlook365 account from my school. Also, if it matters, I can access my account just fine on my PC logging in through my browser, but when I go into "Options," and then go under General>Mobile Devices, it shows my iPhone, and the last date it synced, but when I try and remove it, it gives me a long error that basically says that it cant be removed.

The exact error says:

"NAMPR02A003.prod.outlook.com/Microsoft Exchange Hosted Organizations/livespcollege.onmicrosoft.com/klegg1-2295211/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/iPhone5DIA4HQFMG16QN0PN45A1SBVA7K wasn't found. Please make sure you've typed it correctly."

and gives me the option to click "OK" and close the window.

I just want to be able to add my school's Office365 email to my phone and have it work again.

Can anyone help??

hi  kristina,

from the information, i know you cannot add your account to the iphone.

to narrow down the issue, i’d like to collect some information:
1. here is an official article: set up email on iphone, ipad, or ipod touch for your reference, please make sure select “exchange” method or select “other” to set up your email account.
2. could you please provide the screenshots of the error messages?
upload images:
to upload images, please click use rich formatting and then select the insert/edit media button.

3. in order to verify the issue caused by the account or the mobile device, i’d like to know whether the issue occur to other users in the your organization.

thanks,
gary

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Here are the errors that I'm getting:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know if the issue occurs to anyone else

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[removed the screenshot by moderator to protect your privacy]

These are the errors that I get when trying to set up my email on my iphone. I know for sure that my username and password is correct, because I can sign into muy email via web browser just fine. I called the tech support at my school and they were totally clueless, but the tech I was talking to tried it on his iphone and it didnt work either.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi kristina,

from your description, i know that you can’t configure your office 365 account on your iphone’s mail app with neither “exchange” nor “imap” or “pop”.

given the situation, please confirm whether there is any “rule” to block your iphone to access your office 365 account. to check the rule: (note: the following steps should be performed by an admin of your organization. if you are not an admin, you can ask for help from your admin or involve your admin in the post.)
1. sign in to exchange admin center (eac) with an admin credential.
2. click “recipients”> double click your office 365 account> “mailbox features”> “mobile device (view details)”> if there is a rule (whose status is “access denied”)> “allow” or delete the rule.

if the issue persists, you can try configuring your office 365 account on another mobile device’s mail app with the same configuration methods and check the result. this is to identify whether there is something to do with your iphone.

regards,
alan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The techs at my school are saying that office365 was not configured for students to use with the iPhone mail app and that I HAVE to download microsofts outlook mail app and use that. I know for a fact that I used my student mail just a few weeks ago with my iPhone mail app and it worked fine. This is very frustrating!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your techs’ information, they may change some settings to limit apps for some reason, so you cannot use the built-in mail app.

As a workaround, you can use the Outlook mail app instead like the techs suggested. Meanwhile, if you have any questions when you use the Outlook mail app, please feel free to contact the built-in app support. We are happy to be of assistance.

Thanks,
Gary

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 14 Applies to: