Cancelled the series meeting and the meeting disappear from mine but the attendees still have it

I have a problem with my caledar. As an organizer, I cancelled the series meeting and the meeting disappear from mine but the attendees still have it. I look for cancelled e-mail in sent item but it got nothing. So how can I send the cancellation again or how can I do to remove the meeting for my attendees. Thanks

Hi Biw_94,

This is how Outlook works. When you send a cancellation, the meeting is only deleted from your side (organizer). The meeting at attendee side will change to “cancelled”. Here is a screenshot from the attendee side:

Then the attendees can choose to delete this meeting from their calendar or not. You can refer to the following article:

Delete an appointment or a meeting

Best Regards,

Sylvie

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, thank you for the quick repose.

But with this problem, the attendees didn't recieve any cancel notifacation. The calendar still the same except mine who is the organizer. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Biw_94,

Thanks for your clarification. Now I understand that your problem is that the recipient didn’t receive the cancellation notifications, but the meeting was already moved from your calendar.

You can check whether this meeting still appear on Outlook Web App. This can help us identify if this is related to Outlook client.

If not, then we recommend you use PowerShell cmdlet to remove calendar event from your calendar with attendees if you have admin privilege:

Remove-CalendarEvents -Identity "Angela Gruber" -CancelOrganizedMeetings -QueryStartDate 11-1-2018 -QueryWindowInDays 120

Note: Please change the conditions based on your own requirements. You need to connect to Exchange online PowerShell first.

Best Regards,

Sylvie

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 94 Applies to: