Can I install MS office on external SSD?

My current hard drive is 4GB and recently I have bought a new external SSD to speed up my laptop. I was wondering if I can install MS office on my external SSD?

Hello SoapiestTuna653, I’m Gunasekar and I will be happy to help you with your question, I am a Microsoft consumer like you. My Current hard drive is 4GB - This statement looks incorrect. Because the minimum hard drive storage PC manufacturer provides is 28GB. This is only for business users who don't update Windows or install office or third-party apps. Windows operating system needs at least 17-18 GB of space to run the operating system on the hard drive. So, You will have at least 10-15GB of free space in the Local disk C drive (Which is internal). Also for your question "if I can install MS office on my external"? The answer is "No". You cannot install Office on the external hard drive. The office will only install on Windows x86 or the Program files folder that is available in the Local disk C drive where windows is installed. It requires .dll files to run the program. Also, if there is no enough space on the C drive, the installation will not proceed further resulting in an error. Better changing the current hard drive will be the best option for installing office apps and for other applications too! I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I’ll be glad to assist you further. Best regards, Gunasekar N

AI: Artificial Intelligence or Automated Idiocy???

“You are serving a customer, not a life sentence.Learn how to enjoy your work”-LaurieMcIntosh

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for sharing this with me

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 27, 2024 Views 1,435 Applies to: