Bullet Position in Powerpoint

Hi:

I have a long talk that I made in Keynote, but I want to give it in Powerpoint. I use the Export feature in Keynote (v 6.6.2) and the talk is converted into a .pptx file and everything seems essentially the same, EXCEPT that the bullet position at the start of each sentence is too high.

That is, in Keynote the bullet is just to the left of the line of text and looks fine, but in .pptx the bullet is shifted up so that the top of the text is essentially alligned with the bottom of the bullet. It thus looks a bit funny.

Is there anyway to go into PPT and shift each bullet down a tad so that it is aligned with the middle of the text?

Thank you very much!

OS 10.11.6, Powerpoint Office for Mac v14.6.7

Answer
Answer
Steve and Bob both have the right answer: PowerPoint bullets don't have an adjustable baseline or height, so increasing the bullet percentage also increases the height above the baseline. As a workaround, trying using a bullet from a different font. Different fonts have different size bullets, so if you find one that is the right size at a particular percentage, it may sit at a normal height. The Symbol font and the Wingdings or other dingbat fonts may have the bullet you're looking for.
Author of "OOXML Hacking - Unlocking Microsoft Office's Secrets", ebook now out
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Have you checked the Bullets Inspector in Keynote to see whether the defaults have been modified? For example, the bullet elevation can be adjusted but I don't believe PowerPoint will recognize the deviation.
AI: Artificial Intelligence or Automated Idiocy???

Few tools work well if you don’t learn to use them.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." - Alexander Pope

Regards,
Bob J.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2023 Views 5,240 Applies to: