Book Fold document printing problem

Hello,

I am using Office 365 Word, on Windows 10.  I set up a document as Book Fold, to create and print a 12 page pamphlet (3 pieces of paper, printed front and back, folded in the middle).  I have finished the text and am ready to print. It looks right in the print preview, all pages show properly as half-pages on landscape paper. 

I select "print both sides" and "flip on short edge" and it comes out great, with one giant problem.  Pages 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11 are blank.  The "print only even page numbers" is not checked on the print menu.  Page 1 is not blank, oddly. 

The information on the printed pages is what is supposed to be there, the text isn't flowing incorrectly, and it ends on page 12 just like it is supposed to, but those odd interior pages are blank. 

I've tried exporting to PDF so I could print it from there, but then the resulting file does not retain the bookfold orientation and instead just blows up the half-pages to whole pages, not at all what I'm looking for.

Thank you, if anybody can help me.  I'm paying the annual subscription on the program.  I'd sure like it to work.

Kay Williams

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2019 Views 153 Applies to:
Answer

Thank you so much!  I just tried this, and found some pages were upside down, so I clicked the "auto-rotate pages within each sheet" option, and voila, it worked! Booklet printed perfectly. I didn't know that Reader would do this. 

This is actually simpler than moving it into publisher, because I then am able to use the same PDF as a shareable item online as well as a source file for hard-copy booklets.

Excellent solution. 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Do you have Publisher?  If so copy from Word to Publisher - easy to print w/Publisher.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.