Autoupdate not open in Office 365 Mac, latest update version 16.35.20020910

I have just updated to the latest version of Office 365 for Mac today. The update process went fine, and all Office apps work OK as well

The problem that I found was: when I click Herp - Check for Update, Office Autoupdate won't open. A dialog read Microsoft Autoupdate cnnot be open:  Microsoft AutoUpdate might not be properly installed on your computer. To restore it, reinstall your Microsoft application.

When I open Microsoft AutoUpdate directly, it open and run properly. I do check for update and stated that all are up to date

This happen for all Office apps. Fix and support please. Thank!

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem and posted this issue yesterday. The wizards of smart who moderate the forums chastised me for not posting in the insider forum and locked my post. Thanks for not solving anything, not re-posting my issue to the "correct" forum or providing a link to the "correct"forum to make it easier. It appears that it is always more important to follow protocol than to solve lifelong customers problems....

Still waiting on an answer from the great wizard Jim Gordon MVP who majors in the minors.

Thanks for an exceptionally poor customer experience as I test software for a $1.3 trillion corporation.

I use office because I have not because I want to...hmm.

Hello motif88,

I am a member of the Microsoft Autoupdate engineering team.

Sorry about any inconveniences caused. 

We have identified the problem and are about to release a fix .

You will be able to get the fix by installing the latest Office updates as soon as they become available later today/early tomorrow.

Microsoft Autoupdate should be giving you a notification as soon as updates become available.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yep.  I uninstalled MS Office and loaded it again.  As soon as new updates came out, I found myself in the same situation as I was previously.  Been discussing this on more than one post, so this is not just an anomaly on one or two MACs.

Hello TincanJoey,

You will be able to get the fix by installing the latest Office updates as soon as they become available later today/early tomorrow.

Microsoft Autoupdate should be giving you a notification as soon as updates become available.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have just updated to the latest version of Office 365 for Mac today. The update process went fine, and all Office apps work OK as well

The problem that I found was: when I click Herp - Check for Update, Office Autoupdate won't open. A dialog read Microsoft Autoupdate cnnot be open:  Microsoft AutoUpdate might not be properly installed on your computer. To restore it, reinstall your Microsoft application.

When I open Microsoft AutoUpdate directly, it open and run properly. I do check for update and stated that all are up to date

jony

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

jony

How can i manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate on MAC? Am I missing it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For anyone encountering this problem,. I found the instructions here seemed to work: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/mac/update-office-for-mac-using-msupdate

I ran the "-i" (install) command in Terminal and it completely successfully but also told me "No available updates"

So judging by Microsoft Support's reply... we're possibly still waiting on the fix for this ?... 

But long story short,. it works if you run it through Terminal. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update L.O.M.  Will this fix also work for MSO 2019 for Mac?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. Microsoft autoupdate works properly. The issue is with the “check for update button”. We are in the process of releasing the fix. As soon as the fix is out, you will get a notification saying that there are updates available and you will be able to install the updates for office, which will in turn fix the issue with the menu button that is currently showing that error message.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jason, the fix we are putting together is a fix for Office. The latest available office build in insiders fast is the one that has this issue and we are in the process of releasing a fix for it. (The problem is that office is unable to invoke autoupdate). As soon as the fix for Office is ready for download in insiders fast, you will get a notification from Microsoft autoupdate that will tell you that updates are available and ready to install. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem and posted this issue yesterday. The wizards of smart who moderate the forums chastised me for not posting in the insider forum and locked my post. Thanks for not solving anything, not re-posting my issue to the "correct" forum or providing a link to the "correct"forum to make it easier. It appears that it is always more important to follow protocol than to solve lifelong customers problems....

Still waiting on an answer from the great wizard Jim Gordon MVP who majors in the minors.

Thanks for an exceptionally poor customer experience as I test software for a $1.3 trillion corporation.

I use office because I have not because I want to...hmm.

Hello motif88,

The release of the fix is in progress. The Microsoft Office build that will contain the fix is

Please note that it might take a few hours for the updates to be distributed thru the network, 
but you should be getting a notification from Microsoft Autoupdate telling you that there are updates available soon.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's an update: The release of the fix is in progress. The Microsoft Office build that will contain the fix is

Please note that it might take a few hours for the updates to be distributed thru the network, 
but you should be getting a notification from Microsoft Autoupdate telling you that there are updates available soon.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2021 Views 5,637 Applies to: