Aug 2023 Microsoft Update Dark Grey is Ugly in One Note ribbon

I absolutely hate how the OneNote ribbon has the area around Heading and Tags are dark grey. I cannot see the text or icons that the dark grey is covering. Please change this to just a white background in Styles scroll area and Tags scroll area.

I dislike this so much:

I would like to see this:

Please change it.

Dear Cori,

Good day!!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused at your end.

I understand your concern and when I tested the behavior at my end, I noticed the change is applied to the latest version of OneNote app on Current Channel, please check the picture 1:

However, when I check on the latest version of OneNote app on semi-annual channel, the UI is same as previous, please check the picture 2:

I agree with you on the recent change on the OneNote app UI with the Dark Gray background is not convenient and since the changes are from the development team, I suggest you report the behavior to the related OneNote development team via adding the feedback. Open the OneNote app> Help> Feedback.

I have submitted my feedback on this concern in the OneNote app and we will also try our best to find the related channel to report this behavior.

Apologies for not delivering the required output because of the change made development team and the moderators in this community are with limited resources and hope you can understand.

Appreciate your patience and have a good day!!

Best Regards,

Sophia

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

When I click the feedback button and nothing happened.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Cori,

Thanks for writing back and sorry to hear that clicking on the Send Feedback icon doesn’t have any Feedback prompt window. In this situation, you can try the following steps:

1. Open the OneNote app> Click on File

2. Click on the Feedback at the bottom of the page:

3. Click on I Don’t Like Something.

If still not, we have already reported the behavior via sending the feedback to the related team in the OneNote app on multiple devices.

Appreciate your patience and have a great weekend!!

Best Regards,

Sophia

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 458 Applies to: