Attendees list in MS Teams

We are a distributed team of 50+ people. We've created an org in MS Teams. All of us are in one team on Teams and we're doing weekly team meetings.

Problem we have with that is that it's a huge pain to see who is in the meeting and who still isn't. Is there a way to manage it? Here's what we're facing specifically:

- I start the meeting in the general room where 50+ people are

- Some people join in manually

- I can invite some that are "recommended" - maybe 5 people

- I then have to manually input every single person I want to call / invite

- I can't even get into the team list and right click on people and invite them to the meeting

Is there a way around that? Like a "default attendees" list? Or a "invite everyone in the team" button? Or a clickable/inviteable list of all people in the team where the meeting is hosted?

It seems like a very basic function that's missing and it is extremely inconvenient to not have it.

Hi Blaze,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forum Support. Based on your description, after the meeting starting, you have to manually invite almost everyone who haven’t intended the meeting. For this issue, there’s a workaround for you. When the meeting is processing, you can click the Call info icon and Copy join info. Then navigate to Teams pane, paste the join info and send it to the whole team in conversation. And then everyone could click Join Microsoft Teams Meeting to attend your meeting.

And if you have any further doubt on this issue, just let me know it. I’ll help you check if there’s any workaround.

Regards,
Marvin
-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That solves nothing. People still need to manually join in the meeting. And they can do it via the original meeting posting. This gives me absolutely no control over who is currently missing in the meeting. 

I mean, sure - if the meeting was 4 people, you can easily see who's missing. Now imagine 50 people that should be in the meeting and 30 are already in. And you don't even have a list of all invited people or people that are in the team. For that, you have to switch to another view, but then I don't see who is currently in the meeting, so I can't compare. 

With Teams, all I can do is manually take a screenshot of one list and manually and tediously compare it with the other, which takes ages. 

Is there a way around that? Not a way to just post another invitation right under the original one? I mean, if the invitation worked, why would I need another one. If it doesn't work, what does having a second one change?

Not to mention this, whatever this means:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Blaze,

Sorry for my late reply and misunderstanding. In fact, if you have a team including all 50 people, you can check all users’ presence in Teams > right click the team and select Manage team. In the Members list, all users will be listed. You can just hover your mouse in the user’s profile and check if the status is In a call

Regards,
Marvin
-----------------------

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

But:

- it doesn't show me which call, which means they could be doing some other call at the same time

- it doesn't let me invite them to my call from there

- it takes several long seconds to refresh

- it is in a very inconvenient place and should be in the call attendees menu

This, unfortunately, still solves nothing :(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Blaze,

Thank you for your update. I know it would be more convenience for Teams to see the invitees status and allow the organizer to invite them with the call. In fact, I’m pretty agreed with your ideas regarding these useful operations. However, Teams is still not perfect enough to meet all the detailed requirements, and our engineers are still working on it to bring more capabilities to Teams. If you’re interested in it, you can keep an eye on the roadmap of Teams. Also, we suggest you share your requirements or advisable ideas to Teams UserVoice to help Teams more perfect in details and more powerful in features. Many useful features come true in this way with the effort of customers like you. Your patience and understanding are our great power.

Best regards,
Marvin
-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 8, 2024 Views 157 Applies to: