Artifical Intelligence (AI) Host for the Microsoft Windows Operating System and Platform X64

Microsoft Word and Excel have been freezing and not responding to my cursor. The cursor actually is not even appearing on the display.

I checked Task Manager to shut down the application when this happens. Today, however, I noticed that there is another program running under the apps appearing as "Artifical Intelligence (AI) Host for the Microsoft Windows Operating System and Platform X64." This software also appears to be embedded in Outlook (client app). Does anyone know what this is? I would appreciate any information you can share.

I am using Windows 11 on an HP laptop.

Hello Timmy Milton, Thank you for coming to the forum. Concerning the AI host click this link to read about it: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/office16-aiexe/ecab05bf-3910-4810-ba45-0c44a94071ee Concerning your office misbehaving, can you try the below steps to repair your office program: First, we can do a complete update of your Windows device, then after that do an office repair on your device. 1) Click Start 2) Type Windows Update > "Click Windows Update Settings" 3) Click Check for Update 4) After the Update Check is done, Click download and install for all the update 5) Reboot your device Repair office 1) Right Click on Start > Select Installed Apps or Apps and Features 2) Scroll down until you see Microsoft 365 Apps (or your office version) 3) Click the three buttons beside the Microsoft 365 Apps (or your office version) 4) Select Modify 5) Click Online Repair (this will take a while to be done) 6) Restart the device Click the (reference) link below for guidance https://support.office.com/article/7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b If the above still makes your office freeze, do an sfc scan, see the steps below. Click start and type CMD. Click Run as Administrator and in the terminal window type sfc /scannow Please wait for it to complete and reboot. Give a reply Best Regards Fuad

F. Laguda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did not request this, I do not use outlook. How do I get rid of it. THIS "IMPROVMENT" is causing a massive waste of my time.

SO can I just remove outlook altogether?

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you help turning me off please?

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi.

Just seeing to get a simple explanation, or summary, of what this new AI feature in Outlook is all about.

Thanks.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 19,733 Applies to: