Are there any discounts available on Office 365 or 2019 for low-income people?

I inherited a laptop running Windows 10 from a relative who bought a new machine for themselves. I'm living on SSI and SNAP benefits, and I'm disabled. But I need access to the Office suite of apps. I'm disabled, but I'm trying to find freelancing gigs, because I only get about $800 total a month, and that doesn't even cover rent.

Amazon offers Prime at 50% off for people who receive SNAP benefits, and that got me thinking: it couldn't hurt to ask if Microsoft had any similar kind of discount for folks who are trying our best out here but who could benefit immensely from a bit of help. Plus, no offense, but I feel like Microsoft can afford to help out underprivileged people a bit more.

I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask. And I know there's a discount for students, so why not one for disabled and/or low-income folks? Right now, that kind of thing could really benefit a LOT of people who are down on their luck due to the pandemic and such.

Afraid not, but if you contact your "benefits" Office or any other institution you may be registered with, they may have some options.

In the mean time this 'Office like app' is free and can both read and create MS Docs

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 17, 2024 Views 1,837 Applies to: