Annoying additional credentials required alert

Asked before about this but got no rational response and I'm still seeing it even when I'm logged in and able to access all SPO locations. When is this going to be addressed?

|

Hi webbrewers3,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. From your description and screenshot, the “additional credentials” message always displays at the top of your web page across all SharePoint Online website. I also found a  similar thread  about SharePoint O365: strange alert - keeps asking credentials in Tech Community. It seems that the message is related to the trusted site in IE browser. Some users in this thread resolved this problem by adding the following URL to IE trusted sites. Please give a shot on it.

- *files.sharepoint.com

- *my.sharepoint.com

- *myfiles.sharepoint.com

- https://tenant.sharepoint.com

- *.sharepoint.com

- *.sharepointonline.com

- https://*.microsoftonline.com

In addition, have you tried out the different browser on your computer? Do all the browser display the same “additional credentials” message across your SharePoint Online web pages?

Best regards,

Dihao

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't believe the trusted sites suggestion - always had all those urls in trusted sites and hasn't ever affected anything. I don't really use any other browsers regularly so wouldn't know.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi webbrewers3,

Thank you for your reply. I also switched different tenants from my side. The tenants seem fine which there are no “additional credentials” banner when I entered SharePoint Online location. It seems that the problem should be related to the tenant. In this scenario, I kindly suggest you submit a service request in admin center. The support can further investigate into this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience caused I also wrote a summary on this problem and send you via Private Message.

Best regards,

Dihao

-----------------------
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Please provide details on why you say " It seems that the problem should be related to the tenant." Exactly what would cause this in a tenant?  You represent the co who made the product so please provide more information.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/sharepoint-online-verify-your-identity/39872cad-df13-4ebb-bd82-233853651418

And here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/one-of-my-users-receives-the-error-to-view-the/78183f5b-fad7-40fc-a308-1a3cf1e7bd1f

So definitely not tenant related. You guys sound like you have no idea what this is which is disturbing. And the issue is intermittent so hard to reproduce but I've seen it on a variety of machines and browsers. Please take some responsibility for the product you represent and escalate this and get it fixed asap.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

And here's what SP is outputting:

<div data-sp-placeholder="Top"><div><div class="ms-SPLegacyFabricBlock" style="text-align: center; padding: 10px; background-color:#fff4ce;"><span>To view the information on this page, you need to verify your identity.</span><a href="https://login.windows.net/3b0

< pii hidden> =select_account">

Click to provide additional credentials.</a><span>To view the information on this page, you need to verify your identity.</span><a href="https://login.windows.net/3b07

<pii hidden> b)rompt=select_account">Click to provide additional credentials.</a></div></div></div>

It's repeated twice for some reason - suggests this hasn't been coded properly by Msft.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi webbrewers3,

Thank you for your reply and sharing detail information with us. I understand it is quite frustrating when you always receive this message on the banner. Because our forum doesn’t have a channel to escalate this problem at this moment. To raise a support ticket is the most efficient way to achieve it. The support team can raise this problem and submit it directly to our relevant product team and let them aware this problem. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Dihao

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 25, 2020 Views 778 Applies to: