Alignment of images when two-sided printing

I hope someone can help me, as I can't find anything else so far to help.

I have created a two sided leaflet, which is one third of A4 wide in landscape orientation. To save paper I have copied it so there are three identical copies on the page. I want to print it on my duplex printer, then guillotine it into three equal-sized leaflets. However, I can't get the images to align on both sides of the page, meaning that when I cut it, the 'border' between each leaflet isn't equal, so on one side it's out of alignment.

Is there some way to set Word 2011 so that each side will correct its own margins? I've tried 'mirror margins' to no effect, and I've tried manually adjusting margins but just can't get it quite right. So save my sanity, can anything be done?

Thanks in anticipation for any help :)

Steve

I print double-sided business cards on a regular basis. Tables are your friend. First lay out one page with the text and pictures in table cells, this allows you to set the cell dimensions exactly. Then, for the other side, create a large text box and place another table in it. Make all the cell dimensions exactly the same as on the first side. The move the text box in small increments until you get both sides to line up when printed. Save your result for the next time.
Author of "OOXML Hacking - Unlocking Microsoft Office's Secrets", ebook now out
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you John . I hadn't considered the tables idea - I'll give that a go. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 5,672 Applies to: