Add calendar to SPO site home page

Hi all,

I am trying to add a calendar to a SPO site home page and sub-site page to be used by teams but dont see a option for this. I was able to create one by adding it through the app option but it only is listed on the left side navigation. Looking to have it visible on the page.

Thanks

Answer
Answer

In the modern ui Msft has redefined the word "calendar" to mean a listing of events which isn't a real calendar as the rest of the universe understands it, and hasn't yet provided a real calendar option. And no, the group calendar web part doesn't show a calendar either. However since the modern ui is simply a cosmetic change, you can still view the classic calendar (which is actually a calendar) and iframe it on a page.

Insert this in an embed web part - just replace the src url with the calendar view url of your events list and adjust the height to suit:

<iframe src="/sites/site/Lists/Calendar%20test/calendar.aspx?IsDlg=0" width=100% height="750"></iframe>

Since the functionality in modern hasn't changed, the classic "IsDlg=0" bit still hides the header/menus for a sligh;y better look..

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Wallace,

Thanks for posting the question on our forum.

Normally, we can create a calendar on SharePoint site, however, there is not option adding it to a page.

We only have a Group Calendar web part to add to a page, however, the web part is used for group calendar not normal calendar, you can get more information via the following article:

Use the Group calendar web part

I could understand your feeling, I know if we can add a normal calendar to a SharePoint page, it will be more convenience for you.

Given the situation, we suggest you submit your idea via UserVoice and hope to provide better products and service for you.

It is the best way to let our developed team hear your voice.

Thanks for your understanding.

Qing

If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 20, 2020 Views 653 Applies to: