AD Connect synchronization issue

Hello all,

Today i faced a problem with the synchronisation between the active directory and azure AD,

I established the agent long time ago and in more than organization, the synchronisation process was perfect untill today,

Now when i change something in active directory doesn't reflect in azure (modify display name for example)

This problems appeared in two organisation just today,

Everything looks perfect, sync status is ok in portal, internet connection is good ,all required ports are opened between ad connect agent and active directory and between between ad connect agent and azure ,

Hi Mohammed I'm AnnaThomas and I'd be happy to help you with your question. In this Forum, we are Microsoft consumers just like yourself. Sorry for the trouble this might have caused. Here are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the issue: Verify that the synchronization service is running. You can check this by opening the Synchronization Service Manager on the server where the AD Connect agent is installed. If the service is not running, start it and monitor for any error messages. Check the event logs on the server where the AD Connect agent is installed for any errors related to synchronization. Verify that the account used by AD Connect has the appropriate permissions to read and write to Active Directory. You can do this by opening Active Directory Users and Computers, selecting the domain, and going to Properties > Security > Advanced. Check that the account is listed and has the appropriate permissions. Verify that the account used by AD Connect has the appropriate permissions to access Azure AD. This can be done in the Azure portal by going to Azure Active Directory > Users > User Settings > Device settings, and checking that the account has the required permissions. Check the synchronization rules in AD Connect to ensure that they are set up correctly and are not causing any conflicts. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, try resetting the AD Connect sync engine. You can do this by opening the Synchronization Service Manager, selecting the Connectors tab, and then right-clicking on the Active Directory connector and selecting "Reset Sync". I hope this helps ;-), let me know if this is contrary to what you need, I would still be helpful to answer more of your questions. Best Regards, AnnaThomas Give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by indicating whether this answer solved your problem. Click Yes or No at the bottom.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The error occurred in more than one organization at the same time !!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, please try to contact Azure support https://azure.microsoft.com/support/#support-plans

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2023 Views 1,358 Applies to: