Account no longer exists.... Help!

Hi there,

I have a big problem. I have an email which according to Microsoft, 'no longer exists'. It's crazy because I never deleted it, it just randomly disappeared, and I try to access it to unlink some accounts I have linked to that specific email.

I tried to recover the password, but it states doesn't exist.

I tried to create a new email using the same one, but it does not allow @hotmail.co.uk, only outlook.com or hotmail.com. I have tried to create an alias to add it to one of my other emails, with no luck.

*I get this message everytime I input the email, even after a few days of waiting

I really need access to this email, so I can unlink all the accounts of it for good. I tried to use the help bot, with no luck, tried to call customer service, no luck either. What can I do?

Hi afds1995,

Welcome here in Microsoft Community! Thank you for reaching out.

Based on your description, we understand that you're having challenges accessing your Microsoft account and received an error as stated above. Allow to check thoroughly check this and address this the best way we can.

This error message usually appears when you're trying to use an alias instead of the account name. Just to confirm, on which Microsoft website are you trying to sign in the affected account? Also, have you tried logging in to other Microsoft services such as OneDrive, Skype, Office apps, etc.?

When you mentioned that you've tried using the Microsoft Virtual Help and called the Microsoft customer service, were you able to get a session with them? If so, you may provide us the reference numbers so we can further investigate it here on our end. Kindly forward the reference number/s via the Private Message we've sent to your profile.

Since this is an account-related concern, we strongly suggest that you contact our Microsoft account Support team for further assistance. They have the necessary tools to thoroughly check your account and further investigate this from their end. You can reach them out through these links:

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jomel,

I was unable to get into a session with anyone. Unfortunately, I found out the email must have been deleted due to inactivity. 

Is there a way to recover the email by recreating it as a hotmail.co.uk? 

afds1995

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the update. How about the links we provided on our post to contact Microsoft account Support? Were you able to reach them out?

Your Microsoft account will become inactive and deleted by the system if you haven't sign in at least once in a two-year period. Once the account is being marked for closure, there will be a 60-day waiting period before it gets permanently deleted from the system. After this time frame, the account will be available again. For more information, you may check the Microsoft Service Agreement section 4.a.iv.2.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jomel,

I was able to speak to someone on the chat, that's where I found out about the inactivity. Unfortunately, any recovery process is gone.

I would to know, however, can I make a @hotmail.co.uk email from scratch to replace it? (i know the only options are @hotmail.com and outlook.com, but I am still unable to add that email as an alias)

Thanks

A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, you're correct. The only options are @hotmail.com and @outlook.com domains. However, you can still try to use the @hotmail.co.uk domain and check if it's still available and make it as an alias. If someone already used this as their email account, then it will show you a message that the email address is already taken.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jomel,

I understand, but no one has taken the hotmail.co.uk because it doesn't exist. I tried to make it an alias, but if you see the image on the post, it shows that there is a 'temporary problem with the service' - one that is still on-going no matter what email I place into it. 

Reards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for clarifying this to us. Have you tried using a different web browser or an In-Private browser session? There might be some issues with your current browser's cache and cookies.

This could also be related to a known issue in Outlook.com where users are unable to create email address (alias). You may refer to this article for more details.

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jomel,

I have used Microsoft edge, chrome and firefox on both incognito and both. I have actually tried to enter one of my other emails as an alias but with the same 'temporary service unavailable' message that pops up. I've tried the whole log out and in, but I doubt clearing any cookies/cache will work since I haven't really used Edge that much on the device I'm using

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We've sent a Private Message to your profile for additional details needed to further investigate this case.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 28, 2024 Views 1,879 Applies to: