Accessing third party e-mail through Outlook.

I am getting my e-mail accounts, Insight.rr.com from Time Warner Cable and my Live Account:  *** Email address is removed for privacy *** both through Outlook 2010 – from the same tile on Windows 10.   I assume that is possible since I have the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector installed on my computer  .

Kay from Microsoft Customer Support gave me this link because she reviewed my account and saw that Insight.rr.com is a third party email address registered as a Microsoft account.   She said that since I am accessing my TWC mailbox via Office Outlook, that it would be best that I get in touch with Office Outlook support to clarify my issue.

Occasionally I am getting the following error when I try to access my TWC account.  

Task '*** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Receiving reported error (0x8004210E):  "Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it.  The server responded:  -ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again."

One time I noticed that this happened on my Windows 10 PC after I had accessed my e-mail on my IPhone and my IPad.  I had deleted e-mail from both of them.  I checked to see and I had closed both of them before coming to my computer.  Other times I have no idea what is going on.  Do you have any suggestions?  Might it change things, if I checked the Live account as the default account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us refer to the following threads which discusses about the similar issue and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/outlook-2010-cant-receive-email-server-locked/8eae0d6b-64f4-44d7-b0e9-bbe558815a06

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-outlook/0x8004210e/859e2155-164c-4876-9144-f58264a668f3

Note: It also applies to 2010.

I hope it helps. Try the suggestion and let me know the result at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the help.  Profiles now include:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***  POP/SMTP  Checked as default

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** (1)    POP/SMTP

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***  MAPI

At the moment this is working.   Do I keep both insight accounts listed there?

Helen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Even after the above, I am still getting the 0x8004210E error.  Any more suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am still wondering if it has to do with my IPhone & IPad.  It frequently happens after I access e-mail on one of my Apple products.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to remove the accounts except the default account and check if the issue re-occurs.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2021 Views 197 Applies to: