Accessing my old outlook express email on a new pc using outlook 2010

I have an old pc running 32 bit Windows XP and was using outlook express for email. I have two Pop3 accounts, using my email address and my wife's email address. I can find them and drill down thru my computer,C,Program Files to Outlook Express. The email folder is shown as Outlook Express MSIMN and is 5.9 kb. If I open it, it takes me right to my email and shows me new messages. There are 12 other associated files.

Everything below relates to my new pc.

I bought a new pc and used the Windows Easy Transfer program to convert all the old files and load them to the new pc. This seemed to work well. Then I installed Outlook 2010 on the new pc. It has two inboxes set up, for myself and spouse. I can receive and send email, but I can't access any of my old email.

When I drill down thru Libraries,documents,my documents to outlook files, I can see the outlook data files for my wife and I, hers is 265 kb and mine is 5,969 kb. If I try to open them, it says they must be opened from within Outlook.

In outlook, I have tried going to File, Open, Open outlook data file then highlighted the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** outlook data file and hit open. It just displays a calander page, does not bring in the old email files.

I have gone into File, open,account settings and it shows *** Email address is removed for privacy *** POP/SMTP delivers messages to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***\inbox in C\users\robert\documents\outlookfiles\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

I would like to have all my old email files and messages in Outlook 2010, but I am not sure what to change. I think the info has transferred over to the new pc, but I am reluctant to change the Account Settings in Outlook as I am not sure what to do. Can you please help.

Thanks, Rob Byers.
Answer
Answer
Follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
Refer the link below to transfer Outlook express data into Windows Live Mail.

Refer the link below to transfer Windows Live Mail data into Outlook.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 7, 2022 Views 2,231 Applies to: