Access 2016: change $ sign on Access to £

I am trying to change a $ sign on Access to £. I have checked the regional settings but the Access template still shows $ after importing a spreadsheet with £ currency. The Access template is a services template which I have downloaded. Please advise

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2019 Views 639 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I've had a look at the template, and what you need to do is change the format property of each control in a form which shows currency data from its USD format to Currency.  This will then show the values in your local GBP format.

To do this, close all forms and open the navigation pane on the left of the screen.  Open each form in layout view and select any control which displays a currency value.  Then in the Format tab of its properties sheet (if the properties sheet is not open when you open the form in layout view you can open it from the Design ribbon) change the Format property to Currency.  Do this for each relevant control in the form and then save the form and close it.  Repeat for all forms in the database.

You should then find that when you open the forms in the normal operation of the database all currency values will show as GBP with the £ currency symbol.

PS:  You'll need to do the same with the reports.

"Don't write it down until you understand it!" - Richard Feynman

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.