0x80071128 - Ran chkdsk but the issue persists

My OneDrive folder is on my C: drive. I followed the instructions on this page, but the error still shows in my OneDrive taskbar display. It just constantly says 'Preparing to upload'

Hello! Jacob Logue

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

Error code 0x80071128 usually occurs when OneDrive is unable to access the file or folder that you are trying to upload. Allow me to ask:

• Can you see the file/files in https://onedrive.live.com ?

• Is this happening to all of the files in your OneDrive? or just specific file?

• Can I know what were the changes in your computer/application before the issue occurred?

• Can you check the storage of your OneDrive here: https://onedrive.live.com and see if it is almost full? As this can also caused by storage full.

• Are you using OneDrive for Personal? Or OneDrive for Business

• I would like to know what @domain and who is hosting your email account? example for @domains: Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, Outlook.com/Hotmail.com

• May I know if the account is for Work/School use? or Personal (Hotmail/Outlook.com) use?

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check if the file or folder you are trying to upload is open in another program. Close the program and try uploading again.

2. Make sure that the file or folder is not set to read-only. Right-click on the file or folder, select Properties, and uncheck the Read-only option.

3. Check if the file or folder is corrupted. Try opening the file or folder and see if it opens without any errors. If it is corrupted, try repairing it or restoring it from a backup.

4. Check if there are any issues with your OneDrive account. Sign out of OneDrive and sign back in again. If the issue persists, try resetting OneDrive.

5. You can try to unlink-relink the OneDrive from your device, Please note to save the file that you are trying to upload to OneDrive in your Device. You can follow the steps here: Unlink and re-link OneDrive - Microsoft Support

Note: No data will be lost by unlinking and re-linking your OneDrive, your local folders are just disconnected from the cloud for a short while. Any changes made while you're unlinked will be synced once re-linking is complete.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Vince
Microsoft Community Moderator

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've inserted a couple of images of what I see. It doesn't usually say which files it's having issues with. Is there any way to see that?

100,000+ files are synced I think, but it looks like 84 have issues. It's my personal OneDrive account. I'm using my Gmail account.

I tried signing in and out and resetting OneDrive. I also tried unlinking and relinking OneDrive. Neither worked.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello! Jacob Logue

Thank you for the reply!

Please check these files in https://onedrive.live.com, if they are having issues when uploading if they are you may reupload them directly through the OneDrive.com (web). Make sure that you have the following files saved in your device.

Please let me know anything.

Thank you,

Vince

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can access my files on the OneDrive website and I can also upload/download files. However, it says there are 84 files being uploaded, but it doesn't tell me which files those are. Is there any way to see what files it's having problems with? I haven't really added any files lately, so I'm not sure what files it's struggling to backup.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello! Jacob Logue

Thank you for the reply!

You should be able to see that in your OneDrive folder or the Documents since it will show you an icon beside the folder/files if it is syncing or not. But I would suggest for you to contact live support for them to further check this for you using their tools.

You may contact them through here: Contact Us - Microsoft Support

1. Select one category (Example: Choose Microsoft 365) and select Get home Support for consumer.

2. Type your issue on search bar then select Get Help. Once the search results shows up, select Contact support at the bottom.

3. Select the product and the Category of the issue that you wanted help with.

4. You’ll now be asked to either get a Chat or Call support. Please take note that Phone Support is exclusively for active Microsoft 365 subscribers only.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Vince

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 41 Applies to: