TusharBhatnagar replied on

Cyan update for Lumia 1320 **** version, any idea

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

Mike Mongeau replied on

Hey everyone, as an extension to Eli's previous posts, I want to continue shedding any additional clarity on the situation that I can. We do listen, and we do care. 

So, first things first: today we're releasing the Lumia Cyan update for another chunk of Preview for Developer devices. We'll be closely monitoring the success of this update on those phones. So, let us know if you are offered the update and if you have any issues! 

If all goes well, expect broader communication for the availability of even more phones (lots more!) over the next few days. Thanks for holding tight folks -- we're almost there.  

18 people found this helpful

Abuse history

RobertBurke_83 replied on

You installed a Developer Preview. This means you should be ready to flash it back to the latest official release if needed. You can do that today using Nokia's Software Recovery Tool. Complaining about not getting updates for a developer device is not really viable.

I really don't feel that you understood my problem.

Abuse history

gahbmwM5 replied on

Thanks for the latest info Mike...

Abuse history

RPasztor replied on

Mike: Sorry, but I dont share your (artificial) optimism. I dont want to shoot you (the "messenger"), but your employer should have already understood: the problem is NOT with the waiting, while you (or the team you represent here, as I see your title is a moderator, so you must have nothing to do with the devs @WP team at all) is working on -if any- solution. Thats ok, we learned to wait for anything MS tries to put into the market, as the last one on the market. We used to that.

The problem is the TOTAL LACK OF COMMUNICATION your employer is (not) performing (properly)!

That is what **** off the whole community as one. The infamous JB should do some of his professional (/sarcasm) tweets about whats happening right now, instead of doing icebucket stupidities.

I know, you have been sent here to calm people down. If thats the case, at least your employer is aware of there may be some kind of WP-related issue in the big world outside of Redmond HQ. We dont blame you personally, we blame your employer. There may be lot of brilliant minds working in the WP team (at least thats what we hope), but the image outside of the Redmond HQ is that the team your employer has built is run by a totally incompetent bunch of cretins. 140 characters of twitter messages from the leader of the WP business unit can be considered anything, but not a professional way of communication. There is no need anymore to show the professional image of your employer. That train is long gone, nobody believes anymore that the WP8 team is a professional business entity.

You dont have to go to your employers competitors to check how others do the proper communication: go check a blog on your own portal: the former Sinofsky put together with his team a wonderful blog about the building of Windows 8: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/

Not f*king 140-character twitter messages, but a proper damn blog how it was made. Also, guess what! There were (some) questions collected, and (some) were answered in the following blog post. We all know the disaster Win8 became after the release, so just by running such a blog does not mean product success, but at least I cannot quickly remember any other better technical blog that contains all broad range of general technological topics, that I would be interested about win8.

So long story short: if Sinosky was able to put together such a blog, that contained useful info, why there is no damn blog about WP8 development at all? Hmm?

3 people found this helpful

Abuse history

MobileServer replied on

Holding off 99% of developer updates just for 1% of the developer make ZERO sense!

Seems like Microsoft is not ready for prime time when it comes to smartphone.

1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

Bibbleq replied on

Thanks Mike, more news is appreciated. Any word on what devices or countries might be seeing the update?

(Nothing yet on UK 920 CV)

Abuse history

GeoffreySweet replied on

Have to agree with Richard. What in the blue hell has taken so long and why was nothing said about the progress, if any, made before now. How is it that a separate team noticed a problem with the latest xbox one preview update and had it fixed maybe 12 hours later, but this bitlocker problem has stumped the WP team for months now? 

Abuse history

Holding off 99% of developer updates just for 1% of the developer make ZERO sense!

Seems like Microsoft is not ready for prime time when it comes to smartphone.

This is exactly the concern I was voicing that the MVP misunderstood. The 1% in business situations are holding it up for the majority this big will never affect.

Abuse history

Have to agree with Richard. What in the blue hell has taken so long and why was nothing said about the progress, if any, made before now. How is it that a separate team noticed a problem with the latest xbox one preview update and had it fixed maybe 12 hours later, but this bitlocker problem has stumped the WP team for months now? 

I almost mentioned the quick Xbox fix as well. Lol

Abuse history