Lumia 535 Dual sim touch screen issue

Hi,

I'm from Sri lanka and recently bought a lumia 535 dual sim which was manufactured in China (model : RM - 1090. Phone is really affordable when comparing with it's features.

Lumia Denim was already installed when i purchased it and then i updated to OS version : 8.10.1226.359

Firmware revision number : 02060.00000.15053.24003

And the Hardware revision number : 3.0.0.0

And now when i try to update it says that the phone is already up to date.

Issue I'm having is the malfunction in the touch screen. I saw that this issue is common to most of the lumia 535 users.

I tried by cleaning the screen and by turning off the screen magnifier. But still the problem occurs. I would like to list down the issues as follows;

1. Some times it cannot identify the touch so i have to repeat the same for several time (eg: press space key once but it's not detected)
  2. Touch is not identified accurately. (eg: when i press 'H' key another button is detected) Hard to play games.
  3. Touch looks like a little bit shaky. (When I'm using a lumia 520, while scrolling up or down it performs smoothly) But here when i scroll up or down it's getting a little bit shaky.
  4. Even though when i use an original microsoft charger to charge the phone, touchscreen become unusable. Even I can't type a message because buttons press automatically.
  5. Double tap wake up feature is not working at all. I have to double tap several times and then finally i unlock the phone using the unlock button. Some times it works perfectly but some times it never work. Also the screen wake up automatically while it's in my pocket. (But my Lumia 520 never woke up like this while it's in pocket).
  6. There is no option to adjust the sensitivity of the touch in the settings. (But in my lumia 520 i had that option)

I tested the touch screen using a Touch test app and i recognized that most of these cases occur while using multi touch. And the bottom part of the screen is having more defects rather that the upper area.

I hope this can be fixed and waiting for any solution. And if it can't be fixed please let us know. I bought this phone because i trusted in Microsoft and I love Windows!

Question Info

Last updated September 28, 2018 Views 884 Applies to:
Answer

2 updates have been released in attempt to fix this. Apparently it has worked in some cases.

Did you get those updates?

If you have and it didn't fix anything on your phone, you might want to approach Nokia Care about this issue.

Kind regards,

Denis

If this post helped, mark it as answer or click "Me Too"

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.