Nail That Down replied on

Hi Darren,

I am very happy to hear that at least MS knows about this issue.

For everyone on this thread:

I can CONFIRM that by disabling the lock screen password and changing the show detailed status app to NONE (and maybe by setting Glance Screen to 30 secs intervals) on the 1020

DOES WORKS AND STOPS THE FREEZING

WiFi ON/OFF DOES NOT CREATES/STOPS THE ISSUE

THANK YOU:

Heather Ackmann

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

Nail That Down replied on

I have the lock screen password disabled. I have the glance set at 30 seconds.

I can't find "show detailed status app". Help please. I broke my right wrist & using the keys is hard.

Anita Jensen, Canada with Rogers

Abuse history

Kevin Lee MS replied on

Hi Folks,

I'm sorry we've been dark - I work closely with the Lumia engineering team that's working directly on this. Trying to shed a little light on this...

Beginning in early September we started to receive an increased number of customer feedback regarding Microsoft Lumia 1020 and 925 device freezes. During the last two months we have been reaching out for more and more data and devices to systematically reproduce and narrow down the root cause. It turned out to be a power regulator logic failure where in combination with multiple reasons the device fails to power up the CPU and peripherals after idling into a deep sleep state.

I am pleased to pass on that we have a fix candidate under validation which we expect to push out the soon with the next SW update!

Appreciate your patience.

29 people found this helpful

Abuse history

CamiloTerevinto replied on

Hi Folks,

I'm sorry we've been dark - I work closely with the Lumia engineering team that's working directly on this. Trying to shed a little light on this...

Beginning in early September we started to receive an increased number of customer feedback regarding Microsoft Lumia 1020 and 925 device freezes. During the last two months we have been reaching out for more and more data and devices to systematically reproduce and narrow down the root cause. It turned out to be a power regulator logic failure where in combination with multiple reasons the device fails to power up the CPU and peripherals after idling into a deep sleep state.

I am pleased to pass on that we have a fix candidate under validation which we expect to push out the soon with the next SW update!

Appreciate your patience.

If this is true, I am totally happy to hear this! Thank you so much for letting us know that our input worth something! :D

@NailThatDown

"I have the lock screen password disabled. I have the glance set at 30 seconds.

I can't find "show detailed status app". Help please. I broke my right wrist & using the keys is hard.

Anita Jensen, Canada with Roger"

In the same "lock screen" options, you will see:

-Background

-Show artist when playing music

notifications

-Choose an app to show detailed status

-Choose apps to show quick status

-Screen times out after

-Password

What you need to do is:

-Choose an app to show detailed status: NONE

-Password: OFF

Abuse history

DarrenCM replied on

THANK YOU! It's nice to know that you're working hard on a solution to a problem that's been baffling to figure out, for us users. Can't wait to install the fix.

Abuse history

blods replied on

Thank you thank you. That's all we needed was a recognition that the fault existed and that someone was looking at it.

Abuse history

AKing33 replied on

Oh thank God! Thank you so much for reaching out to us & letting us know what's going on. Hopefully this sw update will come soon!

Abuse history

O.Victor replied on

Hi and thanks to finally reply to this thread, i would only add that the same problem exists on 920, so I hope it gets the fix also.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

Freypal replied on

Thanks for letting us know. Good to hear the issue has been identified and a fix is in the works. Cant wait to get it!

Abuse history

WaYnEOb replied on

Hi Darren,

I am very happy to hear that at least MS knows about this issue.

For everyone on this thread:

I can CONFIRM that by disabling the lock screen password and changing the show detailed status app to NONE (and maybe by setting Glance Screen to 30 secs intervals) on the 1020

DOES WORKS AND STOPS THE FREEZING

WiFi ON/OFF DOES NOT CREATES/STOPS THE ISSUE

THANK YOU:

Heather Ackmann

I can confirm that this does NOT work on either mine or my wife's 1020. We both work this morning to find both our phones had froze.

Abuse history