error code: 80073cf6 while updating apps

Hi,

on my Lumia 925 I recently upgraded to 8.1 release. After upgrade I am seeing error code: 80073cf6 while upgrading or installing many app (not for all). Is thera a solution apart from factory reset?

Question Info

Last updated June 6, 2019 Views 7,280 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Thanks for that, I had just never heard that reference (or don't recall if I did).

So I have upgraded 3 of my devices and have not experienced that issue. I'm just wondering if a hard reset would bring it back to normal but I would not restore from a back up in case that were to bring back the issue. Just my thoughts on that...

So what I have been able to garner for possible steps to take are these:

1. Set the time and date on your phone manually.  Go to settings > time + date > turn set automatically OFF > set the time, date and time zone manually.  Once this is done, go to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold the Microsoft account > sync.  Once the sync completes, try updating or downloading again. Try updating both through WiFi and through a cellular connection (if available).
  2. Next we will try making a settings adjustment and then soft resetting the phone.  Go to settings > backup > photos+videos > set all to OFF.  Once you have done this soft reset the phone by going to settings > storage sense > phone > temporary files > delete > Internet Explorer settings > delete history.  Once you are done with that, press and hold the down volume button plus the power button until the phone vibrates and reboots.  Upon reboot try to download another application. (You might want to clear your Internet Explorer cache by going to Internet Explorer and then tapping the ... at the bottom to get to Settings, then choose Delete History).
  3. If you continue to have this issue.  The next thing to do would be factory reset the phone.  I would suggest you back up your media and turn on phone backups before doing this (please leave the photo and video back up OFF).  Once the phone is set back up, try another app download or update.
  4. The final thing I will mention is that this may be related to a bad install of the preview.  There was a user that used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to back out of 8.1 and reinstall 8 then reinstalled to 8.1 again and he indicated that everything seems to be working.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.