ALL Lumia 1520 Hong Kong Country variants don't get the OTA update for Denim firmware

As the title conclude, we ALL Hong Kong Lumia 1520 users don't get the OTA update for Denim, and the official tracker has showed it's available for more than one week.

I could just speak for myself, but please read this forum thread, and you will learn that I'm not lying.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/343645-lumia-denim-hong-kong-lumia-1520-a.html

If you're convinced that there is such a problem, can you please check what's wrong in the configuration of your OTA update server?

If you want to tell me the OTA update process is controlled by Mobile Operator, I should remind you, the Hong Kong Lumia 1520 is a Country Variant model, it is not attached to any Mobile Operator. Or if you do insist there is a Mobile Operator for Hong Kong Lumia 1520, please name it to us. And then we can write complaint letter to protest against their OTA treatment.

And please don't tell me to use Lumia Software Recovery Tool, we don't need to loose our phone's data. What we need is OTA update.

Hopefully you can solve this annoying problem for All Hong Kong Lumia 1520 users, including me.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2018 Views 716 Applies to:
Answer

Hi everyone

First of all I want to apologise for the inconveniences this software update delay has brought to you.

The Denim OTA delivery to Lumia 1520 Hong Kong Country Variant, OS version 8.10.14234.375 and Firmware version 02540.00019.15053.26006 had effectively started over a week ago, but I just received confirmation from our software updates deployment responsible on the Technical Support Operations team in Finland, that some unexpected issue is blocking the chain.

This issue has been escalated forward since last week and is currently handled with the highest priority. We expect it will take at minimum 4-5 days until we have the missing pieces updated.

Will keep you posted as soon as we have news to share.

Thank you for your understanding.

Technical Support Operations and Global Social Care Operations teams.

Microsoft Mobile

UPDATE 12 March 2015

R&D found the missing piece and yesterday 8 pm Finnish time the package was pushed out. I can see some of you are already receiving it, great news; please allow couple of days for it to reach out everybody. If for some reason you don't get the OTA update please write back here, we're always listening :o)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.