Question

8X Reboots

Baldwin471 asked on
I've had my 8X for a couple of days, and it's been having multiple reboots. Lots of people over on WPCentral seem to be having the same problem (http://forums.wpcentral.com/8x/200872.htm)

Pretty sure it's a software problem as have seen people complaining of the Lumia 920 doing the same thing.

Seems like Microsoft rushed WP8 a bit. 

Any idea if there is a fix in the works? It needs to come quick, because these reboots are getting on my nerves.

Also, my 8X has serious problems picking up audio. Whether it's through a call or when recording video, the device is almost unable to pickup my voice. I have to put the mic right next to my mouth and speak much louder than usual to get it to recognise me.

Anyone else with this problem?
89 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Chris B Kirchner replied on

hello guys i'm back.

after months, finally a solution that works for me. simple but working

i installed the 2nd SIM card that was send from my provider together with the main card, but it was the normal format, so i had to cut it to MICRO SIM Format and it sits tight in the simTray

good luck further with your probs guys. 

now i love my 8x :)

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

AdamO`Rourke replied on
Same here.

It seems to be random, but I'm sure it isn't.

Very annoying though!!
2 people found this helpful

Abuse history

MC279456 replied on

Same here.  It was fine for the first week, but is now rebooting several times a day.  Every time so far (that I've noticed) has been when it's been sitting on my desk doing nothing.

Is this an HTC, 3rd party app or OS issue?

Martin

Abuse history

DuncanF62 replied on

I'm starting to log my 8X reboots. No pattern that I can see. Once or twice when using the phone (starting a call and starting an app) but more often when doing nothing. I.e. took it off charge this morning to see the "Enter PIN" screen. 

Not too much of a hassle in as much as it hasn't crashed on me whilst I've been doing something important. But I do hope MS are taking notice as this does seem to be software rather than hardware related.
2 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Bratwurstbratgerät replied on

Same here in Germany on my Lumia 920.

Its not user or app depended as far i can say. Reboots so far during many different situations. I've heard from someone who had no problems on his 920 until he inserted the Micro SIM.

Dont know if the problem is due Windows Phone 8 or HTC or Nokia...

1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

BenRyder replied on
Same here. I've had my HTC 8X since Sunday 4th November. It was fine for a few days then a couple of reboots within a couple of hours. All was ok again until yesterday when I got 2 reboots within about 5 hours of each other. I wasn't doing anything on the phone at the time. I just felt it vibrate and I had the HTC logo on the screen.

Ben.

Abuse history

lepus83 replied on

Same here!

I've bought my HTC 8X on friday and today I had the first unexpected reboots (4 times so far!).

Nils

Abuse history

creativesQA replied on

Same issue.  Had the phone out of the box for about 2 hours.  Fully charged it and uninstalled HTC Hub.  Sat on desk and vibrates whilst not being used.  Rebooted.

Abuse history

ppdlx replied on

same here with Lumia 920. reboots randomly :/

Abuse history

NCRoadster replied on

My Lumia 920 locks up quite a bit too. I've had it happen 15-20 times over the last two weeks.

Abuse history

Nicooke replied on
I have this problem. I received my 8X the day after release and it has been ok for a few days, but just randomly rebooted 3 times within 20 minutes. This is sloppy QA and I really hope things are fixed or it is going back. I really wanted to believe in Windows Phone this time but if this isn't fixed fast then I'll be back to Android.

Abuse history