WP8 and car bluetooth integration problems

Hi,

I had 2 WP7 (Lumia 710 and HD7) and both of them I had full experience with the Bluetooth capabilities in my car. (ie. Check the text messages, See the Facebook profile pictures in the car). Now I switched to WP8 (HTC 8X and Lumia 920) and none of the functionalities listed are working.

I done a test to make sure it is not a problem with the car. I connected back my WP7 and everything is working again. Looks like Microsoft messed with WP8 capabilities. I'm using iDrive from BMW but I seen in other forums a lot of people with problems in other cars with Ford Sync.

Regards,

Cesar

Discussion Info

Last updated May 24, 2018 Views 1,966 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, Cesar,

The issue has been reported:

Thanks for reporting this. Microsoft is aware of a problem with Bluetooth pairing in certain BMWs, and is investigating.

-- 7th Sense, MVP--

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/htc-8x-wp8-bluetooth-will-not-connect-to-a-2007/4dc9404f-9c0c-4402-aa21-afdd32963c88

And here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/wp8-pairing-issues-with-cars-bluetooth/b88fc365-898d-451b-b873-7781e1d7321e?page=1

Restart phone and bluetooth device first.

Then check the following help pages for tips:

Bluetooth profiles supported by Windows Phone 8

Pairing phone with Bluetooth accessory

Using Speech functions on WP8

Pat
As a responsible member of the community, please mark the reply that has resolved your issue. Thank you.
Unfortunately, I have returned my Nokia Lumia 1020 due to this reason. I cannot believe Microsoft doesn't have fully working Bluetooth in their OS. I absolutely loved my Lumia 1020 but it will not play music in either my 2011 Tundra or 2013 Infiniti JX. Additionally, both of them have USB jacks to interface with the Navigation/sound system and that doesn't work either. Androids and iPhones all work flawlessly--no profile, hold your breath, do this or that stuff.

The Lumia 1020 would connect via voice and music to both cars but would just stop when starting to play music and connected to the device. I reset the phone, powered on and off, disconnected voice and left music, nothing worked. I then found countless others with 920s and others are also having Bluetooth issues.

I honestly had become a GIANT Lumia 1020 fan and love what Nokia offers in software. I actually really like the WP8 interface as well but not having Bluetooth connectivity to my vehicles (for both voice and music streaming) is a deal-breaker beyond belief. In today's day and age with Bluetooth all the way up to version 4.0, the fact that I can't stream music, podcasts or whatever to my car is absolutely ridiculous.

Thus, I returned my Nokia Lumia 1020 due to Microsoft's failing OS. It was a sad day but it appears to be commonplace from Microsoft now a days, they have no fix in sight but "supposedly" it is being worked on.

Did you try Sync My Ride from Ford?

http://support.ford.com/media/syncmyride/intercept.html

Pat
As a responsible member of the community, please mark the reply that has resolved your issue. Thank you.

Did you try Sync My Ride from Ford?

http://support.ford.com/media/syncmyride/intercept.html

No, I have a 2011 Toyota Tundra Platinum and 2013 Infiniti JX. Both cars can play Bluetooth and have USB ports. They work fine with Android and iOS but not WP8 for music.

No, I have a 2011 Toyota Tundra Platinum and 2013 Infiniti JX. Both cars can play Bluetooth and have USB ports. They work fine with Android and iOS but not WP8 for music.

Toyota.com/connect

Is my phone compatible?

Check platform specs between the phones.

Pat

Toyota.com/connect

Is my phone compatible?

Check platform specs between the phones.

Thanks for the link but the phone pairs fine with the car. It just can't play any music through it or display any information. Windows just locks up pretty much and repeats over and over again failing to play music. That happens for the built in WP8 app or Nokia music app. According to Toyota, it is compatible with the phone and my iPhones/Androids have been compatible with Toyotas back to 2006.

I actually found another thread where the person is having this exact same issue with their BMW and Lexus - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/lexus-bluetooth-and-lumia-1020/c968e01c-2d24-461f-a8ff-27543a56fb47

As I said, I also have the same issue with my Infiniti and it's brand new and again works fine with iOS and Android.

Thank you for the link.  I'm sorry you felt compelled to return the phone.  Hopefully soon there will be a solution. 
Pat
Microsoft representative

I am experiencing poor performance of the HTC 8X Windows Phone when paired with bluetooth audio systems too.  In my 2012 VW Jetta the OS stupidly attempts to autoplay whatever music is on the phone EVERY TIME I enter the car, or any kind of interaction happens with the phone (i.e. screen is touched, notifications are displayed etc.)

This is really poor design and mars an otherwise quality product.  Why has this not been addressed ?  I see comments on this all over the web going back to last year.

It is incredibly annoying to be listening to the radio or a CD or an ipod etc. in your car and the phone bumps in and takes over every few mins whenever an email or some other notification appears on the screen.

To fix I have tried deleting all music off the phone.  For some reason there is another design bug - it always keeps one track on the phone and doesn't allow me to remove the last track.  

Having Miley Cyrus' party in the USA play randomly throughout my 2 hour daily commute is not giving me warming feelings about the Windows Phone OS.  Please address.

Be glad it didn't play.  My HTC 8X windows phone plays randomly whenever it gets a notification or the screen is touched, in my 2012 VW Jetta.  Regardless of what I am listening to (radio, CD, ipod etc.)

Shocked MS has dropped the ball on this.  Bluetooth is nothing new. 
I couldn't agree more. I put it in the same ballpark as GPS not working for navigation. This is just something people have come to expect will work flawlessly. It's nothing new!

I would have thought an issue this calibre would have been a critical/urgent and patched right away to keep people adopting Windows Phone as an OS. Microsoft is doing a huge push for people to develop applications (I am a .NET developer and had planned on creating some myself) for the operating system but how can they expect people to develop for a platform where the very fundamentals don't work/have serious issues.