xbox video title on WP8 device

Hi - has anyone tried to play an xbox video title on their Windows Phone 8 device yet - I am trying and I get an error on the device that says 'We are unable to confirm the media usage rights for this content'.

I downloaded the title using the xbox video app on my Windows 8 PC. Then using the Windows 8 / Phone 8 Companion Application synced the title to my WP8 device. This all worked fine. Except when I actually try to view the video on the phone - I get the above error.

I also have the phone configured with the same Live ID that I used to purchase the content. So - I would expect this fairly straight forward user case to work - but it does not - which is pretty frustrating to say the least.

Ant ideas ?

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2018 Views 4,470 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

The Xbox team today unveiled Xbox Video, the only Windows Phone 8 app that lets you download movies and TV episodes right to your phone. Xbox Video makes it easy to buy or rent movies and TV shows, then stream or download them directly to your phone—super handy if you want to watch on an airplane or anywhere else without a reliable network connection. Download Xbox Video.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Microsoft Surface Team
support.microsoft.com/surface

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.