The Developer Preview for WP8.1 was released on Monday April 14th, and with it the Xbox Music build 2.5.1330 for Windows Phone 8.1. Information on this Phone Developer Preview OS can be found @ https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/develop/devpreview
And for those Xbox Music users running the WP8.1 Developer Preview, starting next week you will start to see the first update in the Windows Phone Store for the 8.1 Xbox Music application, followed by ongoing updates every two weeks. We want to hear your feedback on the new Xbox Music app so we can continue to incorporate it into the product. We encourage you to comment on this forum post and/or enter and vote for features you would like to see on our User Voice site.
Here is what’s coming in WP8.1 Xbox Music application update week of April 22nd.
- Numerous stability fixes, including many of the reported black screens
- Cortana integration is complete and now supports playing playlists by name
- UI polish to improve animations and transitions between UI views
- Improved messaging for encountered errors, such as unplayable content in collections
- Background initial sync of local and cloud content
What more to expect in the coming releases?
Based on initial feedback we have received through developer preview forums, we continue to prioritize features you are asking for and issues impacting your experiences. Things you can expect to see over the next few bi-weekly releases include:
- Continued focus on Stability and Performance
- Live Tile integration
- Quickplay improvements, including “recent” lists
- Kids Corner Support
- UX improvements (Search result grouping, creating new Radio Stations, improved Network status messages, Blue UI language alignment, now playing improvements and more)
We will keep updating this forum with ongoing release information, and please, keep the feedback coming.
The Xbox Music Team