sorry we can't play this file on your phone error code: c00d5212 Lumia 920 .m4a

I just got the lumia 920 and love everything about except the fact that when i transfer .m4a songs to it i get the error code: c00d5212 "sorry we can't play this file on your phone".  it's quite annoying.   I converted my whole song library to ALAC because i had an iphone and Im an audiophile so i really kinda need the highest quality possible haha.  anyways, has anybody else encountered this problem?  To my knowledge and according to the nokia website and a lot of other people, the lumia 920 can playback aac files so it should be able to play the m4a files!!!  any help would be much appreciated.  thanks!
Answer
Answer

In the Windows Phone store a new app called Moliplayer Pro has been released that allows many previous unsupported video files to be played. Make sure that these video are placed in your camera roll for to access. You can get the Moliplayer here: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=19ea6d3e-e3d9-401d-b30a-f6471811fe08

Details: Brand new all format local media player

What's new in version 1.1.0.4:

1. Better organization of video and music in phone memory and/or SD card.

2. Full 1080p MKV playback with any phone with no overheat issue.

3. Embedded subtitles in MKV

4. Password protection

5. FF/REW by swiping on the screen

6. Full charset support for external subtitles

If you enjoy watching videos on your Windows Phone, but can't stand the hassle and time to do "trans-coding", MoliPlayer Pro is the right app for you. With significant enhancement to the video playback capability on the Windows Phone platform, MoliPlayer Pro basically plays "anything you throw at it", RMVB, AVI, MKV, FLV, FLAC, APE... you name it.

For limited time only, MoliPlayer Pro is available at a promotional price of $2.99, a 25% discount off the original price of $3.99. Key features:

1. Plays almost all VIDEO formats: avi, mkv, mp4, h.264, rmvb, wmv, flv, ts, m2ts, and vob. etc.

2. Plays almost all MUSIC formats, especially lossless musics: aac, mp3, ape, flac, and ogg etc.

3. Displays almost all SUBTITLES: embedded or separate: srt, ssa, and *.**** etc.

4. Smooth playback of hi-def MKV video at 1080P with no over heat issue

5. Organizes videos music in separate folders

6. Easy wireless video transfer from your PC browser in WiFi network.

7. FAST upload from PC to the camera roll of the internal storage and/or SD card.

8. Easy GESTURE control, swiping for volume, brightness and FF/REW.

9. Remembers the last played position and resumes playback where it was left

10. Displays thumbnails of all videos

11. Password protection at app start

Note: Please copy all videos from your PC/Mac to pictures\camera roll folder of the internal storage or SD card of your phone. MoliPlayer Pro will not pick up videos from other folders

Johan van Mierlo | Community Moderator Windows Phone | www.mobilityminded.com |

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Just for everyone's information.

I just tested an unsupported wav file in an email on my Nokia Lumia 920 (GRD1) and on my new Nokia Lumia 1020. (GRD2)

The Wav file now plays perfectly on my Nokia Lumia 1020. When you will receive the update GRD2 approved by your carrier you will have a fix. 

Microsoft has made the GRD2 update available to all Carriers and OEMS. IT is now up to them to decide if they will push this out to their users. If they do, they still have first internal testing to do to make sure this update is carrier ready before pushing this out. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Some HTC 8X and 8S owners in Europe have received them. 

Currently the devices with GRD2 out of the box are the Nokia Lumia 925 and the Nokia Lumia 1020

Johan van Mierlo | Community Moderator Windows Phone | www.mobilityminded.com |

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 21, 2020 Views 15,858 Applies to: