Multiple (duplicate/triplicate) music files on Windows 8 Nokia Lumia 820 phone with Cloud turned off. Why?
I have a new Nokia Lumia 820 smart phone powered by Windows 8. The music synching functionality is broken when using SD cards in the phone.
(1) Duplicates of songs appear on the phone (and in some cases 3 copies).
(2) Playlists do not contain any songs or a fraction of the songs assigned to them.
What I've tried:
(1) Reformatting SD card.
(2) Using both iTunes and Windows Media Player to sync with the phone.
(3) Rebooting the PC and the phone.
(4) Updating software.
(5) Trying some fixes suggested by other frustrated users.
(6) Resynching phone and PC many, many times after trying varying combinations of the above approaches.
Synching music should be straightforward. There are many posts on the web about "duplicate songs" on Windows phones, so hope Microsoft is addressing this issue now.
Many exclaim frustration and "will not recommend" Windows 8 phones, so hope that Microsoft is on top of this issue. I am now in that camp.
I look forward to your next software updates in the near future. Then will begin to be satisified and hope to return to the "recommend" camp.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.